Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis Fallout With Floyd is Perfect Example Why Signing To Mayweather is Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Who's saying he's not? If this guy is going to be exposed to criminal elements or bad habits like Ricardo Williams or Adrien Broner why wouldn't you bring him to your gym a few thousand miles away where he can focus on his craft? Like I said this could for sure be a power play, but this could also be something that could save Tank's life or career if he's too close to the wrong crowd in Baltimore.
    he can go to headbangers in dc. why does he have to go to vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      J'Leon love - From Detroit, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
      Mickey Bey - From Cleveland, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
      Badou Jack - From Sweden, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
      Ashley Theophane - From the UK, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
      Chis Pearson, From Ohio, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
      Alexis Santiago - Trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
      Ladarius Miller - Trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club

That's just how he wants to run his company.
      So they chose to go there, or they were made to?

Comment

I don't need to. The only assumption I've made is that the only reason he's getting the title shot, is because Floyd paid to allow him to skip line, which I don't think is a far fetched assumption. Without Floyd, there is no title shot and he would have to come up in the game the hard way like everybody else.

The issue at hand is whether the career of a 19 year old boxer would benefit more from living and training in Baltimore or Las Vegas. His promoter, who happens to be the most successful prize fighters in history, wants to build his career in Las Vegas. That way he will be a recognizable name in the boxing capital of the world, will have access to the best sparring, training and facilities and will be around other fighters and be able to eat, drink and sleep boxing 24/7.

If you feel he's disciplined enough to accomplish these same objectives in Baltimore then so be it.

Why you act like Floyd is moving mountains to give his fighter a title shot? Bob got loma a title shot in his 4th fight but you don't hear about loma being forced to move in with Arum.

Most of the best boxers in history are alpha males and Floyd needs to realize this. What kind weak ass fighter gonna allow another man dictate where they can live?

Comment

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
          Why you act like Floyd is moving mountains to give his fighter a title shot? Bob got loma a title shot in his 4th fight but you don't hear about loma being forced to move in with Arum.

Most of the best boxers in history are alpha males and Floyd needs to realize this. What kind weak ass fighter gonna allow another man dictate where they can live?
          Then why ****ing sign with him??? It's like accepting a job in California and trying to dictate to the dude that hired you to let you stay in Virginia but still pay you the same and keep your same benefits.

Nobody forced dude to join TMT. There's tons of promoters out there. He signed with Floyd because he wants to get to THAT level. Floyd is trying to get him there so he should listen.

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
          So they chose to go there, or they were made to?
          I don't know. I just know that TMT fighters train at the Mayweather Boxing gym so if you want to be a TMT fighter, then do it. If not, go somewhere else.

It's not that difficult.

Comment

Then why ****ing sign with him??? It's like accepting a job in California and trying to dictate to the dude that hired you to let you stay in Virginia but still pay you the same and keep your same benefits.

Nobody forced dude to join TMT. There's tons of promoters out there. He signed with Floyd because he wants to get to THAT level. Floyd is trying to get him there so he should listen.

I don't know. I just know that TMT fighters train at the Mayweather Boxing gym so if you want to be a TMT fighter, then do it. If not, go somewhere else.

It's not that difficult.

Lol, you think Floyd tells all the top prospects they have to move in with him and they signed up for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
              Lol, you think Floyd tells all the top prospects they have to move in with him and they signed up for that?
              Where did you see that?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                he can go to headbangers in dc. why does he have to go to vegas?
                J'Leon love - From Detroit, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                Mickey Bey - From Cleveland, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                Badou Jack - From Sweden, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                Ashley Theophane - From the UK, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                Chis Pearson, From Ohio, trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                Alexis Santiago - Trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                Ladarius Miller - Trains at the Mayweather Boxing Club
                Cuz thats where Mayweather promoted boxers tend to go as mentioned above. They've built their own community with like minded individuals in Vegas. That said I don't even know that we have full info to know if there isn't leeway between Baltimore & Vegas. Who knows maybe DC or other places ARE on the table.

I mean for the most part this seems like a story that should've never made its way to us if not for social media drama so its possible there was a Mickey Bey or J'Leon Love similar situation at some point, but they eventually agreed to come to Vegas thus there was no story to talk about like there is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                  Who are the fighters that he's done dirty if you don't mind my asking?
                  Davis, arias, rahman bros, he even wanted broner to sign with mayweather promotions and keep haymon as an advisor. Broner said no and floyd got bent out of shape and caught feelings.

Floyd needs to stay in his lane

Fact is davis dont need floyd. He can be with top rank GBP and shaefer and be successful. He can be with haymon and dibella and be successful as a free agent.

Comment

Where did you see that?
                    You're just being stupid now. You were insinuating that he should move to Vegas since TMT is based in Vegas. You don't seem to use common sense when floyds name is mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                      Davis, arias, rahman bros
                      I think its a lil early to even suggest Floyd is doing Tank dirty.

And did he really do Arias dirty? I don't recall the story with him so that leads me to believe it wasn't much of a dramatic thing.

The Rahman brothers definitely got did a lil dirty doe I feel from what I recall from their whole situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X