Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do certain type of posters hate Ward so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    why would you give credit to a guy who cheats constantly? never understood that one. if he wins legit he gets credit. if he cheats like he did against Kessler he doesn't. seems pretty simple but you are the biased one who will give him credit no matter what he does.
    Lol, I haven't even tabbed him to win this fight let alone been biased. I certainly hope he doesn't make the fight ugly and don't think he will. Would I do fully expect is for him to make it a boring fight. If he wins it will be by nullifying Kovs strengths and taking the excitement out of a mega fight. My response to not giving credit was to that point alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      there are some who dont like his style

some didnt like the inactivity, i was frustrated too

some dont like he isnt a power puncher

others say he is a cheater, which we know is far from the truth

there are also some idiots who dont like him because he is Black, kicks ass and makes it look easy.

Ward is pretty hard to dislike.
      I don't find it hard - he's a tit.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        I was tempted to mention this as an exception... But it was nowhere near Floyd/Gatti. It was more of when he landed it hurt way more than expected and he was on point with his gameplan, but he didn't just stand there destroying him from head to toe. A huge part was his gameplan, even the first knockdown was a planned move that Ward suggest right handers throw at southpaws all the time when he commentates. The right straight to the body and then the left hook over the shoulder. Cotto caught Martinez with the same punch quite a few times . People throw around Floyd/Gatti way too easily.
        When I say FMJ/Gatti I mean it in the sense of what FMJ told Gatti - "You're a C+ fighter at best and I'm going to prove it." Ward made Dawson look like a C+ fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryusa View Post
          It's the exact same posters who refuse to give Mayweather credit for anything and are now mad that Spence got 6 million views..why do these type of posters slam these fighters no matter what??
          ?????

They fight too good???

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            ?????

They fight too good???
            That seems to be part of it

Comment

That seems to be part of it
              Ward is a beast. He's the best! I met the man, class act. He will humiliate Kovalev, and anyone else they put in front of him.

Class! Ward can fight good, real good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Ward is a beast. He's the best! I met the man, class act. He will humiliate Kovalev, and anyone else they put in front of him.

Class! Ward can fight good, real good.
                My question is why when certain fighters actually beat other elite fighters,(In Floyds case)in 5 different divisions..they still get slammed and given no credit?? but when other(certain) fighters do far, far, far less they get praised?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  a top 5 p4p fighter with knockouts over every MW he's faced in the last 8 years [including wins over more top 10 contenders than anybody else since he came to america,] hasn't proved "one thing at the top level?"

you guys need to stop this all or nothing rhetoric.
                  Obviously fans have a problems with many of GG's opponents. I don't think true boxing fans are criticizing him just to do it. I think his comp has been C+ level at best, but he's doing his job. He's winning and staying in the publics eye. You can't make fans like GG. If his comp at MW is so good why is he fighting a WW? All he had to say was I'm looking for a money fight.

Lemieux and Murray are good wins. Make no mistake about it. I respect GG and I like him. But he needs to establish lineage or move up to 168. He doesn't have to move up in weight yet but sooner or later he should if the big fights at MW never materialize. If he doesn't he will be judged by his MW comp and you see what they are saying even now. Boxing historians will judge him.

He's fighting a WW who isn't even the best WW nor is he a cash machine. He's fighting one of the top WW's where they are hoping that the crowd comes out, and I think that they will. Boxing needs that.

I understand the rush to keep fighting. He's 34 and has maybe 2-3 years left IMO, but his comp just isn't that good at MW because we are used to seeing MW champions past and present, here and abroad tested within 8 years of their career. The greats have all been tested. He has NOT been tested at all so you can't be mad at some fans who don't buy into GG's dominance. I'm one of them, but I'm also open minded. He's winning, and that's all that matters.

Personally, he needs to establish that he is a lineal champion at MW. You can't ride the Canelo duck anymore. He must fight the number 2 guy in the division to establish his lineage even if it's not a big money fight, but I'm old school. Having all of the titles is cool, but he was still handed a title, and I don't blame GG for that. I blame the organization who handed him the title.
                  Last edited by Raggamuffin; 08-25-2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    why would you give credit to a guy who cheats constantly? never understood that one. if he wins legit he gets credit. if he cheats like he did against Kessler he doesn't. seems pretty simple but you are the biased one who will give him credit no matter what he does.
                    How does Ward cheat? Does he pay ref's and judges off? Do you have proof of this? Or is it that you think that he butts to cheat and that bothers you?

I'm wondering how he's cheating and getting away with it. You don't seem to give him the credit that he deserves and it looks like you're mad at anyone who gives Ward credit for winning.

Butts didn't work for Hamsho against Hagler. Butt's seemed to have worked for Holyfield against Tyson I don't know. Butt's don't win you fights if that is your sole problem with Ward. What else does he do that you have a problem with. Fight at home? What? It seems that you don't like him one bit. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

My question is why when certain fighters actually beat other elite fighters,(In Floyds case)in 5 different divisions..they still get slammed and given no credit?? but when other(certain) fighters do far, far, far less they get praised?
                      I don't know Larry. But as a Mexican I expect Canelo to go to war with GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X