Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was your transportation of choice as a kid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] what was your transportation of choice as a kid?

and if you did more than 1 or had phases on one but later switched to another, pick the one that lasted the longest (as a kid)
    i was a razor scooter type kid
    0.00%
    i was a skateboard type kid
    0.00%
    i was a bmx bike type kid
    55.00%
    i was a mountain bike type kid (i was the nerd and got picked on daily)
    10.00%
    i was a rollerblade type kid (i was the beta queer who got picked on daily)
    0.00%
    i was a heely's type kid (i was either a friendless nerd or mildly popular/unique)
    0.00%
    i walked (i was literally the poorest kid in school or my parents hated me)
    10.00%
    other
    25.00%

lol what fruitcakes had rollerblades?

BMX all day, I rode everywhere. I wish I could still do that but everything is so far.

Comment

this is a tough one for me. my razor scooter saga lasted for a very long time but so did my BMX bike reign.

i remember i had custom tires on my razor scooter and i'd beat all the kids in races. plus scooters were easy to grind and do tricks with. i had the biggest ollie out of all my friends. they were so jealous of my razor scooter that my mom bought at Big 5. i remember i was always paranoid that someone would steal mine when i brought it to school because i'd lock it up in the bike area but technically you couldn't really lock a scooter since someone can just unfold it.

the bmx saga came after the scooter saga if i remember correctly. i too had the best bmx bike out of everyone, i had bolted on black pegs on all 4 sides so no one could steal my ****. plus all the cute girls were always asking for rides on the pegs, so i would give it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        lol what fruitcakes had rollerblades?

BMX all day, I rode everywhere. I wish I could still do that but everything is so far.
        i feel u bro. i made my mom buy me the baddest GT brand BMX bike at my local bike shop. that **** probably ran for like $300 too. it was black on black with a red logo. all of my friends had that ****ty yellow and green one from walmart or target with the crappy ass pegs that anyone could steal.

i remember even the older kids and gangsters that would tag on the river bank would compliment my bike. one even tried to jack me but i was much quicker than him i got away.

Comment

damn, i just realized i should have included vintage 10-speeds/Peugeots for the old timers Zaroku, Sweet Pea 50, hectari

or were those not even invented yet in those times?

Comment

Anything stolen

Comment

I had a dyno gt bike BMX back in the 90s I rode this all the time

Comment

I had a lowrider bike and a BMX bike. The BMX bike was a chrome Dyno. I usually just cruised on the lowrider bike though. I only used the Dyno when I would go to the park to play basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  I had a dyno gt bike BMX back in the 90s I rode this all the time

Aw shiiiit, I had one similar to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                    i feel u bro. i made my mom buy me the baddest GT brand BMX bike at my local bike shop. that **** probably ran for like $300 too. it was black on black with a red logo. all of my friends had that ****ty yellow and green one from walmart or target with the crappy ass pegs that anyone could steal.

i remember even the older kids and gangsters that would tag on the river bank would compliment my bike. one even tried to jack me but i was much quicker than him i got away.
                    I didn't have a BMX brand or anything, so I was jealous of my polish friend who got like this sweet $500 BMX, but **** it, my generic all black bike got the job done.

Pop in RAD in the VHS and pretend I could do the same **** haha

Comment

Working...
                    X