Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking bout getting a 3d smart tv and my budget is 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF?? $427 is some low price for 55'' TV, i buy my panasonic 32'' two years a go around $350. and i ask all 50'' plus TV is cost more than $800.

You should get it!

i thought the cost of electronics is more expensive in U.S, i was wrong
    Last edited by betmen; 08-30-2014, 11:42 PM.

Comment

You can't just go for the bigger screen without compromise. You need to make sure the hertz (Hz) will accommodate the size of the screen otherwise you'll get pixel bleeding or "bending", where for instance if you're watching a live sport, say baseball, and someone hits a home run the pixelation around the ball will be choppy due to how fast it's moving on live TV. This could also happen in boxing matches, and any live sport really.

For screens 50" or larger I would definitely advise to go for plasma rather than LCD or "LED" units, which cost more because they're the "newest" technology. Don't make the mistake of thinking LED is any different than LCD, LED just means the LCD lights are "back lit" making the units a little less warmer.

Plasma's also have much deeper and darker blacks, thus the color scheme is much clearer and sharper across the board compared to an LED/LCD which is only "brighter". Plasma's are ideally 600Hz compared to LED's 60, 120, or 240Hz, so they don't deal with pixel bleeding or delays for live events.

I always see this giant ad for a "Sharp" 80 or 90" LCD TV's for around a grand. I feel sorry for anyone who purchases those, pixel bleeding would be horrible.

If you must go LCD, Samsung and LG have been pretty much the go to brand for that department.

For plasma Panasonic is where it's at. LG also has some good plasma models.

Stay away from Sharp, Magnavox, Westinghouse and those other cheaper box chain models. Surprisingly I would stay away from most Sony units too.
      Last edited by Inkanyamba; 08-30-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X