Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Donaire win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo likes to paw the jab, leave his jab out there, at times he even rehearse his punches, if he commits any of these errors he's dead. Donaire still has the physical advantages, if Rigo wants to win he's gonna have to come out of his predominant counter punching style, he's gonna have to lead which would in turn increase his chances but get him stopped, either way he loses.

Comment

It's one of those fights that if forced to bet I'd put money on Donaire, but that doesn't mean I'm 100% on the Donaire train. In fact I think Rigo could have a lot of good moments, even be winning on the cards. What I question is Rigo's chin and the fact that he seems to get too comfortable when dominating. I'm sorry if chinny isn't a good response but this is boxing, and at the highest level nothing is more important than chin. Donaire is more established all around, and that one questionable flaw in Rigo's chin makes you rethink everything.

To sum it up: Rigo has all the talent in the world, but a questionable chin. Donaire has the power to KO anyone if it lands. That alone makes you wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        I know this much: the guy that was in the ring with Cordoba not only wasn't ready for Donaire, he wasn't ready for prime time tv. To his credit he hasn't reverted to that since, but that's what pro experience will do. And he's about to find out how big the gulf from Marroquin to Donaire is.

Donaire has 2 Ring p4p wins on his resume. How many guys is all of boxing can say that?

dude.... are you seriously basing Rigo..as a boxer ..on a single fight??

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          Rigo likes to paw the jab, leave his jab out there, at times he even rehearse his punches, if he commits any of these errors he's dead. Donaire still has the physical advantages, if Rigo wants to win he's gonna have to come out of his predominant counter punching style, he's gonna have to lead which would in turn increase his chances but get him stopped, either way he loses.
          He rehearses those punches in an attempt to lure his inactive opponents in, and it appears as if he leaves his jab out there intentionally ...... i wouldnt call that a 'mistake' or 'error' at all.

And the hell? Rigo isn't going to have to lead at all..based on how Donaire fights and how Rigo fights.... Rigo is going to focus predominantly on counter punching..which wil frustrate Donarie (like it has in the past whne Opponents dont come forward) who in turn will be agressive and move forward and get tagged every single time by the much quicker and accurate Rigo...

Comment

Donaire is maybe a little faster.

Donaire has big power.

Donaire has many more pro fights against much better opposition.

Rigo has longer, more distinguished am career.

Rigo is maybe the better pure boxer.

Rigo has suspect chin...

Donaire by late KO

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post

The only fights we can truly judge Rigo by are his two fights against contenders as a pro. It's not as if the Cordoba fight was a long time. It was just slightly over a year ago so it's still highly relevant. And his other fight against a contender is Rico Ramos, which was another lackluster performance. His other fights were against low level opposition so it's pretty useless to use them as a gauge.

Comment

He rehearses those punches in an attempt to lure his inactive opponents in, and it appears as if he leaves his jab out there intentionally ...... i wouldnt call that a 'mistake' or 'error' at all.

And the hell? Rigo isn't going to have to lead at all..based on how Donaire fights and how Rigo fights.... Rigo is going to focus predominantly on counter punching..which wil frustrate Donarie (like it has in the past whne Opponents dont come forward) who in turn will be agressive and move forward and get tagged every single time by the much quicker and accurate Rigo...
                Yes I know but against Donaire that's an error, that would only make it easier for Donaire to land counter left hooks.

Comment

Donaire is faster than Rigo and obviously Rigo's chin won't able to handle the left hook, uppercuts, or straight right of Nonito.

Comment

no, i'm doing the opposite. i'm saying the pro xp he's gotten since has made him a better pro fighter. good enough for Donaire, i doubt it, but legit. but you better hope i'm right cause the guy that was in vs Cordoba doesnt belong in the ring with Donaire

Comment

I don't know guys.. I see them pretty even in handspeed and power, Donaire left hook is the best weapon but will be harder to land than Rigo's devastating straight. Defense and boxing skill = Rigo by a mile

Comment

Working...
                      X