Goldenboy giving away Khan tickets in exchange for toys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldenboy giving away Khan tickets in exchange for toys

LOL

AMIR KHAN’S bid to take back the world title has turned into a ‘toy story’ here in Los Angeles.
    Fans who want to see Khan’s attempt at ending Carlos Molina’s unbeaten record before he gets another crack at the world crown can get ‘free’ tickets — in exchange for a TOY.

Ex-world light-welterweight champion Khan takes on Molina at the LA Memorial Sports Arena late on Saturday night.

And his American promoters are determined to put up the ‘house full’ notices at a stadium that holds almost 17,000.

Hard-up fans must present an unwrapped, unopened toy with a value of around £15.

And they will be given two tickets while the toy is passed on to under-privileged families ahead of Christmas.

Tickets sales, with the top price of around £100, have been described as ‘slow’.

And in an attempt to pull in as many fight fans as possible Golden Boy Promotions chief Oscar De La Hoya has come up with his giveaway.

De La Hoya, 39, said: “I am looking forward to distributing the toys to those families who need them most.”

Khan tops the bill and the thing he needs most is a win that will get him back among the world elite following two back-to-back defeats.

A third straight loss after failing to get the better of Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia would be disastrous for the Bolton boxer.

After turning 26 last Saturday, Khan’s credibility could take a career-ending hit if he fails to beat Molina.

He has turned to Virgil Hunter as his new trainer after ditching Freddie Roach, who Khan believed was not giving him enough time and attention in fight build-ups.

Hunter has a one-bout deal with Khan and is recognised as one of boxing’s best defensive coaches. He helped Andre Ward to the top of the super-middleweight tree without a loss against his name.

Khan moved his base from LA to San Francisco and insists he is seeing the benefit from the switch.

He explained: “I have been working with Andre Ward. He is a great fighter who is very skilful. He’s sly in the ring.

“If I can learn a few things from him and pick up what he has to offer, then I am going to do that. He has the skill of a boxer who can make it easier for himself and still be classy fighter.

“It has been great to be in camp with him.”

why the fack would I want to go see A Mere Con? I thought the free tickets were for the Angulo and Santa Cruz fight?

Comment

I'm not surprised.

American fans are ****, they didn't even turn up for Bradley vs Alexander unification fight between two unbeaten yanks.

American media called it "the modern hagler vs hearns"

Joe America went to mma that week

American fans are the worst in the world

Comment

Classy move by GBP/Oscar but I can't see many even giving a broken toy away for tickets to watch that mismatch and the pathetic undercard.

Comment

I hiccupped....

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            I'm not surprised.

American fans are ****, they didn't even turn up for Bradley vs Alexander unification fight between two unbeaten yanks.

Comment

I'm not surprised.

american fans are the real boxing fans...

Comment

good plan from golden boy.

get a big crowd, some publicity for doing a good deed for kids at xmas, get a nice tax rebate on the ticket value to get more money than they probably would have if they didnt give any away for free.

oh yeah, and some kids get some toys they wouldnt have got to open on xmas morning. Which im pretty sure was thier main reasoning behind doing this....

Comment

I'm not surprised.

So by "American Media" you mean just Tim Bradley right? He's the only person I heard that said that crap

Comment

Nope, I specifically remember the Ring Magazine saying that.

Face it the only fights that sell out in America are the mayweather original pac fights

And even then the arena is half empty until main event time

Haha Khan can't sell out is not an indictment on Khan, American fans just don't bother with anyone anymore.

Europe will soon take over

Comment

Working...
                    X