No announcement yet.

If Lucas Matthysse hadn't been robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    There aren't many fighters today that have the combination of power/endurance/work-rate/killer instinct that Matthysse brings to the table. He doesn't play in there, he's the tax collector.
    LMAO You should change that "Matador" to "The Tax Collector".

Comment

Not really. I've noticed most non American boxers have to try twice as hard sometimes to get on there.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        LMAO You should change that "Matador" to "The Tax Collector".
        I can always go back to Matador later when he stops a guy unexpectedly. I would love to see him in there against the winner of Rios/Alvarado, that would undoubtedly be FOTY, no questions asked. I would love to see Matt flatline Rios, NSB would erupt.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          the Judah fight was 12 rounds, so I don't know what facts you are talking about. Matthysse would be thoroughly dominated by Mayweather, Zab friggin Judah went 12 rounds with the guy and there is no way Bradley would be able to go 12 rounds with him?
          I still believe Mattysse won though.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I can always go back to Matador later when he stops a guy unexpectedly. I would love to see him in there against the winner of Rios/Alvarado, that would undoubtedly be FOTY, no questions asked. I would love to see Matt flatline Rios, NSB would erupt.
            Lucas "The hand of disaster"

La mano del desastre sound good

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              What you fail to mention is how Pac was only 1-2 shotting Bradley and never stepped on the gas when he had him seemingly hurt. Soto was as durable as they come, so was Ajose. Youre crazy if you think that at 140 anyone can withstand Matthysse's power. Outbox him? Sure. But give credit where due.

Bradley didnt exactly win that Pac fight btw... Or come out unscathed. This was a passive Pac, imagine a motivated one? I do like Bradley... But I dont trust anybody's durability holding up to Matthysse at 140. 147 sure, 140 no.

And yeah, jsfd. Soto reminds me of JMM for some reason. They just have that pleasing to watch style and even fight similar..except Soto not as good... But if Katsidis can have Marquez on the verge, I think its possible for Matthysse to do it too. Matthysse isnt Licar Ramos. Lol
              Bradley dodges those shots from Lucas with superior foot speed and head movement. Im not sure Lucas even beats Peterson. I think thats a toss up fight. Manny was only landing one shot on Bradley at a time because thats all he could land.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                Bradley dodges those shots from Lucas with superior foot speed and head movement. Im not sure Lucas even beats Peterson. I think thats a toss up fight. Manny was only landing one shot on Bradley at a time because thats all he could land.
                Man, if Peterson brought the fight on the inside to Lucas he's fked. You're obviously trolling here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                  Bradley isnt fast enough to dodge to the body. He also needs to throw if he wants to win. Matthysse would time him as hes been doing everybody else. Matthysse has proven to be more than hype and hes cut off the ring from every person hes fought. Ajose might be faster than Bradley. Judah IS faster than Bradley and with more pop. Im not saying this to underrate Bradley, but at 140 I dont see anyone without some pop beating Matthysse in a 12 rounder. Bradley is prone to being hit, and Pac was content to just one shot him. Pac beat Bradley... Im not sure Bradley legitimately even beats Matthysse on a fair decision.

I hope youre kidding about Peterson. One thing is surviving Kahn and Ortiz knockdowns..you think Matthysse cant put him down? Off the roids? Matthysse stops him, I dont even think this is debateable. Kinda trolly on this one, no offense. You think hea gunna walk down Matthysse like he did Kahn? Lol. Come on bro. Dude was on PEDS and its up to debate if he even bet Kahn.
                  Last edited by NearHypnos; 09-09-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Man, if Peterson brought the fight on the inside to Lucas he's fked. You're obviously trolling here.
                    I think you underestimate Petersons toughness. Maybe you think Lucas is at 140 hitting as hard as tyson or foreman. Lucas couldnt stop a past prime glass jaw zab judah but you think he @#$%s over a strong tough jr welter like Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      Bradley isnt fast enough to dodge to the body. He also needs to throw if he wants to win. Matthysse would time him as hes been doing everybody else. Matthysse has proven to be more than hype and hes cut off the ring from every person hes fought. Ajose might be faster than Bradley. Judah IS faster than Bradley and with more pop. Im not saying this to underrate Bradley, but at 140 I dont see anyone without some pop beating Matthysse in a 12 rounder. Bradley has i prone to being hit, and Pac was content to just one shot him. Pac beat Bradley... Im not sure Bradley legitimately even beats Matthysse on a fair decision.

I hope youre kidding about Peterson. One thing is surviving Kahn and Ortiz knockdowns..you think Matthysse cant put him down? Off the roids? Natthysse stops him, I dont even think this is debateable.
                      Neither Judah nor Ajose have better defensive skills than Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X