Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Floyd fight Sergio Martinez in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes KO Guerrero's a$$ in a tuneup then Sergio in Sept

Comment

I think Mayweather would win a decision over Martinez...

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        yes KO Guerrero's a$$ in a tuneup then Sergio in Sept
        This would be pretty badass... See the Guerrero fight isn't all that bad anymore but ONLY if you consider that he will fight Martinez in September.

Have Canelo on the undercard of both fights, and then Floyd can fight him early 2014 if he's still fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          This would be pretty badass... See the Guerrero fight isn't all that bad anymore but ONLY if you consider that he will fight Martinez in September.

Have Canelo on the undercard of both fights, and then Floyd can fight him early 2014 if he's still fighting.
          yea if he fights only once next year and it's against Guerrero, I'm going from a HUGE Mayweather fan to a normal sized fan

Comment

if manny and canelo get their a$$es kicked in their next fights, it'll narrow down Floyd's options making a Martinez bout more likely

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              yea if he fights only once next year and it's against Guerrero, I'm going from a HUGE Mayweather fan to a normal sized fan
              This right here was initially my biggest issue. Who in the world would want to see Mayweather win a wide boring UD against Guerrero, and then just retire for another year and a half? That's not good. Hopefully he sticks to his word and fights twice in 2013.

Comment

everyone prefers martinez over Guerrero.......

Comment

Martinez is ducking Ward.

We aren't talking about Ward right now. Martinez is coming off of knee surgery. Floyd possesses the ability to outbox him but Martinez movement is key. It's not a one sided fight. Floyd should fight Martinez if he wants respect from fans and lose his label as a cherry picker.
                  And Martinez should fight Ward if he want to lose the label of a bully..try to fight small fighters like Mayweather and Pacquiao...fight someone your own size like Ward.

Why is it ok for Martinez to fight Floyd but not Ward

Comment

Ummmmmmm.......no ****. That's like asking if Bernard Hopkins should've fought Roy Jones when Roy was ducking. Bernard wanted a cw, and everyone wanted to see that fight. Roy had no problems besides the 50/50 split. Won't have the same problems with Martinez.

Edit: worded it wrong. Roy didn't 100% duck.
                    Last edited by Scarcaztic; 12-12-2012, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                      And Martinez should fight Ward if he want to lose the label of a bully..try to fight small fighters like Mayweather and Pacquiao...fight someone your own size like Ward.

Why is it ok for Martinez to fight Floyd but not Ward
                      Well the difference here is that Martinez is willing to fight Mayweather at 154 where Floyd currently holds his WBA title and where Martinez had previously held a title (WBC) himself. Meanwhile, Ward isn't willing to go down in weight to fight Martinez nor is he willing to fight Martinez at a catchweight because 168 is his limit (it's probably true)--he mentioned this in a recent interview.

Comment

Working...
                      X