Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got off the phone with Joe Frazier...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real OG View Post
    It would have to be at a catchweight, remember Williams is a blown up Flyweight

Could Joe have made 190

he had to stuff himself to make 147!!! llmfaooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      Man you're a incredibly lucky guy, why doesn't he watch modern boxing nowdays anyhow?
      You gotta read the article when it comes out for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Did he bash Ali?
        No, he wished him the best but said he was a backstabber.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          I really, really appreciate that. No bull****. He's one of those guys I've always wanted to say it to myself, but since I'll probably never get the chance, I'm deeply grateful that you did that for me.

I know some people will say it's **** or whatever, but too often people who follow this game forget about the guys who came before their time and paved the way. And a little appreciation and respect can sometimes be all they need to make their day a little bit brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
            No, he wished him the best but said he was a backstabber.
            Who's the greatest fighter you've interviewed?

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                I really, really appreciate that. No bull****. He's one of those guys I've always wanted to say it to myself, but since I'll probably never get the chance, I'm deeply grateful that you did that for me.

I know some people will say it's **** or whatever, but too often people who follow this game forget about the guys who came before their time and paved the way. And a little appreciation and respect can sometimes be all they need to make their day a little bit brighter.

Make sure you post the finished article link on here somewhere, so I can read it.
                You know it bud. It's my pleasure.

My favorite fighter of all time is Aaron Pryor and let me tell you, I nearly **** when I spoke to him on the phone. I called up his office looking for Junior and he picked up.

I bought a signed poster off his website and could you imagine my shock when he remembered who I was and signed it "Keep up the good journalism?"

I was beside myself!

Comment

Who's the greatest fighter you've interviewed?
                  It's hard because I usually interview only the contemporary fighters making news. I would say of current guys, it'd be Mayweather Jr. All time, probably Frazier.

I've never interviewed them but I've spoken with Emmile Griffith, Carlos Ortiz, Tommy Hearns and Aaron Pryor. Emmile Griffith is probably the warmest person I've ever met, a truly wonderful man.

Comment

green k coming your way bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
                      You know it bud. It's my pleasure.

My favorite fighter of all time is Aaron Pryor and let me tell you, I nearly **** when I spoke to him on the phone. I called up his office looking for Junior and he picked up.

I bought a signed poster off his website and could you imagine my shock when he remembered who I was and signed it "Keep up the good journalism?"

I was beside myself!
                      Aaron was a beast in his day man, a real intimidating dude.

That's an awesome story.

And once again, a very sincere thank you for doing what you did when you didn't have to. It put a smile on my face to think that Joe Frazier knows he's my hero, even though he has no idea who I am.

Comment

Working...
                      X