Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how big are you and how much do you bench?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
    Then why do people do weights?? How does weights help in boxing??? Or does it even help???
    It helps if done properly but if you lift weights and just do bicep curls and tricep press down then its not going to help out.

Comment

• Im 135 lbs and bench 185 lbs (16 years old), but i dont lift so i can box any better. I just like to lift.

Comment

• Then why do people do weights?? How does weights help in boxing??? Or does it even help???
        I do weights because i enjoy to do them really.

And it also helps my arms when i'm in sparring and the guy is hittin me on the arms or ive been throwin hundereds of punches my arms are less sore and less likely to fall when ive throw my punches because i do weights and my arms are used to workin when they are very tired and want to give up

dont no why other people do them, i dont care either, i dnt need weights to make me hit hard, cos doin weights for your arms dont help cos power comes from the legs, to the hips to the fist bro

Comment

• 6'1" 225 I bench around 310 on my 3 rep max.

Comment

• 1 rep max is about 120kg (270lbs)

Only Kids are interested in howmuch somebody can bench though. It doesn't mean **** at then end of the day.

Slow consistent reps with a weight you can control and manipulate correctly work far better than one bull**** rep with a ****load of weight.

Edit: I'm 5'11" and weigh about 195lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
              Then why do people do weights?? How does weights help in boxing??? Or does it even help???
              Compound lifts -- squat and clean in particular -- develop explosive power. Explosive power helps you break clinches, weave, and change direction quickly. These exercises also help train about 20 different muscles to work together to generate power, which is the essence of a good, solid punch. If you're using only the muscles that you engage on a bench press when you punch, you're not punching correctly.

The deadlift is also important in boxing, as it improves hand strength, back strength, flexibility, and posture.

And finally, compound lifts will identify any weak points in your physique and help balance them out.

Comment

• Hi! I'm Ricky Williams(215lbs in college) and I used to bench 406lbs in college at Texas and ran the 40 in 4.38. LOL! No one care's how much someone can bench, it's what they can do in the ring that matters! It's like saying you have a 1000hp car but are horrible at racing because your tires aren't wide enough to get good traction. Not everyone with the power knows how to use it. PS-I'm not ricky williams.

Comment

• i dont work out at the minute im trying to shed muscle and do cardiovascular to get back in shape to start Boxing again ,when i Boxed i was 126 pounds then i when i quit Boxing and started weight training i weighed 168 pounds [No GEAR] I maxed on the Bench 115 KG 3 reps ,Bicep Curl 50 KG 5reps ,seated behind the neck press 75 kg

Comment

Working...
                  X