No announcement yet.

2007 - 2010 Welterweights (Excluding Pac and May) Vs 2016 welters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I'd give Thurman a shot against Margarito. His lack of ability to clinch might cost him.

Brook would beat him IMO.
    Brook-Margarito is a really interesting fight.

Thurman, though, that's harder to see. He doesn't react especially well to pressure, doesn't like body shots, doesn't have the best stamina, and likely doesn't hit hard enough to deter Margarito enough.

Comment

The welterweights of 2016 won't even get in the ring with a past-prime Pacquaio and refuse, with like two exceptions, to actually fight each other.

Comment

Khan gets KTFO against all

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
          The welterweights of 2016 won't even get in the ring with a past-prime Pacquaio and refuse, with like two exceptions, to actually fight each other.
          True

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Brook-Margarito is a really interesting fight.

Thurman, though, that's harder to see. He doesn't react especially well to pressure, doesn't like body shots, doesn't have the best stamina, and likely doesn't hit hard enough to deter Margarito enough.
            I think the powers there, he'd tee off on him. If he went to the body enough I think he could slow him down.

Good points though for Margarito.

Margarito's really slow though so if he could survive the 12 I'd see him taking a decison.

Laying on the ropes wouldn't be a good idea though.

Good clash of styles to be honest.

Brook I think just spoils his way to a decison and he's big enough and strong enough to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I'd give Thurman a shot against Margarito. His lack of ability to clinch might cost him.
              I'd give him a shot too but I don't think Thurman would beat him though. I think Margarito could beat Garcia too. I don't think Garcia's power is enough to stop Margarito and Garcia slows down in the second half of fights as to where Margarito keeps coming on.

Overall I think the past WW's would beat the current ones. There are too many variations of the match ups to get really into details plus Im too lazy.
              Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 10-24-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Khan gets KTFO against all
                I think Khan can beat Cintron and Clottey but who really knows with Khan huh?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  I think Khan can beat Cintron and Clottey but who really knows with Khan huh?
                  Is winning the fight then BOOM "Down goes Khan!"

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Is winning the fight then BOOM "Down goes Khan!"
                    Im a Khan fan and I could never get excited during his fights cause I was too damn conscious about his chin. So, the whole time I'm more worried about him getting caught than actually winning the fight.

I finally had time to get excited after the fight was over... if we won that is.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Im a Khan fan and I could never get excited during his fights cause I was too damn conscious about his chin. So, the whole time I'm more worried about him getting caught than actually winning the fight.

I finally had time to get excited after the fight was over... if we won that is.
                      The Brook fight makes so much sense now.

Both fought MW's and got KTFO in 5/6 so fook it m8, do it at the 02

Comment

Working...
                      X