Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Rigo's resistance to Left hook? A KO waiting to Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigondeaux's chin should have came as a suprise to everyone, he ate some hellacious shots and was not bothered by any means, even the knockdown i feel he was just knockedown because of the force pushing him off balance more than him being hurt and that was a damned overhand

vs marroquin he seemed to have gotten hit with lesser shots and been seriously wobbled

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Neutralized it, countered it and it wasn't an issue.

People thought cause Marroquin caught him while he got cute that all of the sudden he's a sloppy defensive fighter vulnerable to left hooks.
      Those moments of vulnerability against Marroquin were completely blown out of proportion. Rigondeaux took Donaire serious and fought to his full potential.

Lesson: pray that Rigo doesn't take you serious lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LASXqJCkpWg

Watch :40, 2:00, 2:40, That's all you need to see!

This is the Marroquin-Rigo fight! Watch how Rigondeaux reacts after being hit by the left hook! marroquin is not a seasoned Pro, But tags Rigo repeatedly with the same Punch. The other punch was straight Right! Donaire has that too(Nishioka KO Punch).

Now, who has the best left hook in Boxing today? No ones better than Donaire!! Floyd got one but less power!

Rigo will be KOed by a Lethal Left hook!! I'll guarantee it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Those moments of vulnerability against Marroquin were completely blown out of proportion. Rigondeaux took Donaire serious and fought to his full potential.

And what about the other 11 rounds against Marroquin? That was a lopsided fight.

And Marroquin isn't a bad fighter. How soon we forget he was a very promising prospect at one point that hit a road block in a step up fight. And he was a featherweight, probably 10 pounds heavier than Rigo and stood at 5'8.

He will be back.

Comment

• This is one cold blooded bump, brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              This is one cold blooded bump, brother.
              I'm not usually a "I'm right, your wrong, haha" type of guy but this kid got on my damn nerves. I'm sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                I'm not usually a "I'm right, your wrong, haha" type of guy but this kid got on my damn nerves. I'm sorry.
                Oh, no apologies warranted.

You are among the most level headed posters on this entire site.

Do you what you gotta do...

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by kiaba360

And what about the other 11 rounds against Marroquin? That was a lopsided fight.

And Marroquin isn't a bad fighter. How soon we forget he was a very promising prospect at one point that hit a road block in a step up fight. And he was a featherweight, probably 10 pounds heavier than Rigo and stood at 5'8.

He will be back.
                  I hope so. I always liked watching him but its hard to hope he comes back when he has been wrongfully managed (IMO). But who knows, he sounded like he took the L in great spirits and learned from it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
                    I hope so. I always liked watching him but its hard to hope he comes back when he has been wrongfully managed (IMO). But who knows, he sounded like he took the L in great spirits and learned from it.

Plus, he's only 23. Losing to Rigo shouldn't hurt his chances moving forward. It's possible that Arum could use him as a tune-up for Juanma, which I think is a winnable fight for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

Plus, he's only 23. Losing to Rigo shouldn't hurt his chances moving forward. It's possible that Arum could use him as a tune-up for Juanma, which I think is a winnable fight for him.
                      I think losing this early is actually a good thing. Of course it always depends on a fighter's mentality/personality. Like I said, I watched Marroquin be interviewed after his last fight and he sounded like he took the L very well.

Comment

Working...
                      X