No announcement yet.

Pacquaio's Loss was bad for boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    didn't pac later agree to do floyd's extra testing though? sure it was suspicious at first, but the fact is pac later agreed to do his testing...

also it's not as suspicious as a 39 year old marquez hiring a known ped dealer and showing incredible power as a result..

the KO woke up alot of people to the danger that peds pose to combat sports like boxing and MMA...
    like agreeing to a lesser purse then a week later "50/50 or no fight."? team pac flops more than the NBA so who knows what they agreed to.

remember when they were already setting up ariza as the fall guy amidst all the refusals and excuses? sounds about as suspicious as what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
      like agreeing to a lesser purse then a week later "50/50 or no fight."? team pac flops more than the NBA so who knows what they agreed to.

remember when they were already setting up ariza as the fall guy amidst all the refusals and excuses? sounds about as suspicious as what you're saying.
      Let him live in his fantasy land where anything they say he believes and whatever mayweather says is a lie. SMH

Comment

It's not bad or good for boxing. Somebody else will take his place. Stop with all the gloom and doom.

Comment

It's what happens when you gotta wake up and realize, Manny isn't super human and the only thing worth paying to watch. It was depressing at first thinking about all the great battles and fun matches he was in and to see it all come crashing down like that. But, it also made you realize, you can't attach yourself just to one dude when the sport is loaded.

I think the hardest part is finding fighters that fight with determination and will to win as Manny did these days and that will be the sad thing. But, one day another will come by. Until then, we still got the likes of Rios, Matteysee, Maidana, Kirkland, Donaire, and many more bangers that show that fighting spirit.
          Just remember the great times watching Manny do the impossible and think that if there was anyway Manny probably would have lost in the way he fought, it was by being KO'd. No shame in that. He entertained millions with his style which doesn't last forever...

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
            no he did say that the extra testing was no longer an issue .. and then the next roadblock became about money..
            Oh yeah, the roadblock...I forgot Pacquiao had said he'd take the lesser purse then when Floyd called his bluff he said 50/50 or no fight. I had forgot about the roadblock over money.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
              how come roman gonzalez backed off from wanting to fight the winner of viloria vs marquez?
              "Defense mechanism engage". He decided to stay at 108. Any other questions??

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                Oh yeah, the roadblock...I forgot Pacquiao had said he'd take the lesser purse then when Floyd called his bluff he said 50/50 or no fight. I had forgot about the roadblock over money.
                Save your breath.

Comment

loss or not, he was never deserving of a fight with floyd.

this was demonstrated when torrecampo knocked him out.

Comment

whats bad for boxing is ...retiring in the prime of your career. Ducking rematches and all other hot prospects.
                    whats bad for boxing is...being a Rich Coward.
                    Whats bad for boxing is...not caring what the fans want to see.
                    whats bad for boxing is... going to jail instead of the ring to fight.
                    Whats bad for Boxing is... spreading the false accusations of steroids to a fellow boxer that never said one wrong thing to you or about you...(while being caught up in a PED scandal ones self...)
                    Whats bad for Boxing is... ducking the guy you cherry picked!!!!
                    Whats bad for boxing is being a in the lime light of stardom and beatin up women...

ehhh i dont think one KO loss is bad for Boxing...Thats Boxing. the above is not!^

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      I don't think it was bad. I think if a younger fighter like Tim had gotten the KO it would've been better because he still has his career in front of him while JMM is on his way out.

WHen floyd loses it will be good for boxing, especially if its guerrero, because a new star will be created.
                      if Timmy had KOd Manny he'd still be the same Timmy & Rob beating Floyd will not make him a star.
                      Manny losing (the way he did), did nothing to boxing but run the "Fly by nite, casual PagBoys"OUT!
                      Elvis has left the building, but he was the fake Elvis anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X