Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios Vs Abril: Biggest "robbery" of the decade??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion is we've seen a bigger robbery in the last year, in Williams vs Lara. Williams in that fight looked like he was going to come out brain damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorCityJaguar View Post
      Campillo-Shumenov, Campillo-Cloud, Matthysse-Alexander, Santa Cruz-Casamayor, McDermott-Fury I, Funeka-Guzman, Martinez-Cintron were worse
      I forgot about that one

How do you manage to KO someone, win on points and still only come out with a draw!?

Comment

I think I'd go with Williams-Lara as the worst one I've seen this decade. Lara absolutely dominated and busted Williams face up. He inflicted a lot of damage to Williams and I think I only gave Williams 1 or 2 rounds and that was being generous.

Comment

Originally posted by tongue me View Post
          I still think fights like Campillo/Cloud, Campillo/Shumenov II, and Williams/Lara are a bit worse. For me, the difference is that in some (or all) of these fights, one guy looked to be really hurting his opponent and on the verge of possibly scoring a stoppage. In fights like that, the robberies just seem worse than simply getting outboxed like Rios did. It's still one of the worst though. That goes without saying. It's so disgusting we can typically see these robberies coming before the fight is even over.
          Good post man, I agree 100%. Finally seen the fight and I can't give this one to Rios. Abril fought smart and kept Rios off balance. It was a sloppy fight, awkward too but he did what he had to do to win.

Comment

Lara-Wiliams is just as bad.

Comment

I suggest watching that fight again without the commentating. They made it sound like Abril was peppering Rios when he wasn't doing ***** but playing defense. He didn't throw half the punches Rios threw and did get hit between his guard even though others will argue otherwise.

It's obvious the fight was fixed, but it wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Abril was in there against one of TR's main attractions; he had to know what he was in for.

Definitely not the biggest robbery of the year, letalone the decade. Campillo got it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                I forgot about that one

How do you manage to KO someone, win on points and still only come out with a draw!?
                im sayin that was pretty damn egregious...........

Comment

Working...
                X