Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How likely can Pac-JMM 3 break 1Mil PPVs? If it doesnt will it force PBF-Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be surprised if it didn't do at least a mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
      Dan Rafael: Mayweather-Ortiz does 1.25 million

Dan Rafael: Pac-Mosley does 1.3 million

However, one is a lie and one is true?

how much PPV revenue did Pac-Mosley generate? Mayweather-Ortiz is the second-highest grossing non-heavyweight fight in history.

I'll wait im sure one of you has the answer since dan doesnt

virtually matched those of Pacquiao-Shane Mosley in May (official numbers were not released for that fight)
      http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...e-million-buys
      Last edited by LupinIII; 10-31-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Most likely Pacquiao Marquez 3 will do 900,000 ppv buys

Comment

if it did 1.3 where them numbers at?

Huh?

huh mother****er?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
            The reason Arum gave for the lag in getting pay-per-view numbers and for why he is unsure of more precise totals is because Showtime, largely out of the pay-per-view business in recent years, does not have the kind of database and expertise to extrapolate numbers like HBO does.

"We know we have a little over 1.3 million," Arum said. "What we don't have are some of the smaller cable systems. What I'm saying is I know we go to the bank counting a little over a 1.3 million. I know we'll go up from there. How much up, I have no experience in this. This was all done for us in the past by HBO, which had experience, charts and all kinds of data from past fights to compare the fight to. Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million.

"How far over we are remains to be seen, and I have no way to make a prediction. Obviously, on the outstanding systems we did something. So that will determine how much above 1.3 million. But I don't think we have enough outstanding numbers to say we will be over 1.4 million, so I think we will wind up somewhere between 1.3 and 1.4 million."

none of these #'s are official...just predictions by Arum....it clearly says that in the article. he says..."Showtime can't do it because they haven't done this in so long. They don't have the database that you need, but I'm feeling very, very happy because I know I've done at least 1.3 million"

No he didn't say that exactly. He said that he KNOWS that they did 1.3 mill (which means that Showtime have the figures for their own major network) but because Showtime don't have the capability to properly collect and tabulate the the smaller TV stations he can't say how much over 1.3 mill it will be. This seems totally honest to me.

Not to you, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              because Showtime don't have the capability to properly collect and tabulate the the smaller TV stations he can't say how much over 1.3 mill it will be. This seems totally honest to me.
              so your believe showtime lost the ability to collect ppv numbers right before Pac- Mosley?

uh huh

Comment

Originally posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
                That fight will not effect this up coming fight with PAC vs Marquez... Let me put it this way, the same people that bought 1-2 will again buy this one plus the new causal fans like myself will get drawn into buying it so u do the math, fight will break the 1mil mark.
                Just curiosity, but what sort of "casual fan" sends in 3389 posts in just one year???????????

The amount of crap spilled on this site is a wonder to behold.

Comment

It will do far more than a million....people who traditionally watch boxing will buy this one. This fight actually has history to it and the 24/7's are pretty good so far.

1.4 to 1.6 million, maybe more.

Comment

pac vs floyd is not happening stop wishing

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
                      so your believe showtime lost the ability to collect ppv numbers right before Pac- Mosley?

uh huh

Love how you say that but disregard the fact that HBO/Mark Taffet haven't said a word about Floyd-Ortiz, only GBP and Ellerbe have. Mark Taffet ALWAYS releases the figures to Dan Rafael at ESPN, but for some reason it took a month and 1/2 to count 1.25 mil buys and HBO never made it official?

Double standards at play here.

Comment

Working...
                      X