Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do fighters find their correct fighting weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do fighters find their correct fighting weight?

Do you go for the lightest weight you can possibly carry, to give you the advantages of size and power (when you rehydrate) or do you go for a healthy weight you can hit easily and retain a normal diet.

It seems many fighters drop 40 pounds to hit their fighting weight, whereas some others can stay within a few pounds...

Others like to have a weight advantage over their opponent. Some want to maintain their speed. If you keep winning in that weight without sacrificing anything, then you found your right weight.

Comment

you train, get in the best shape you can, the weight you're at then, without aiming for any particular weight, is you're best weight

now see, are you closer to the lower weight or the higher weight?

there are the dellusioned "if i made it at 16 surely i can make it again"

and also the cowards "i wanna pick on midgets"

Comment

Most boxers fight around 10lbs below the weight they feel best at because they can drain the weight and still be in good shape for the fight.

Comment

so the weight cutting its not as hardcore as is in mma?

Comment

Let's leave mma out of this topic, because it wasn't asked for to begin with. But to answer the mma thing for the sake of argument I don't think mma practitioners should cut too much wright simply because of the nature of the sport, stand up, INCLUDING ground game, I sure as **** would wan rb to feel completely comfortable and strong on the ground bexause of different strengths as opposed to stand up. Back to the subject on hand, I have to co-sign rick grimes 100%

Comment

Working...
            X