No announcement yet.

A Song of Ice and Fire (Spoilers) Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Song of Ice and Fire (Spoilers) Master Thread

Having a second TV thread is redundant, given that the original GoT thread was specifically for the TV series already. This is the more sensible solution.

so what are we gonna talk here?

ok i'll start: will Jon Snow return as Ghost or Melisandre will resurrect him?

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post

He'll be in Ghost at least briefly until Melisandre resurrects him Beric style. Remember the talk about bodies being preserved under the wall? Maybe they'll stash him there until **** dies down, so he can be brought back without anyone knowing. I have to say I hate those punk b1tches who mutinied, it's ridiculous that they can't recognize the need for bending the rules in these circumstances. Like the Night's Watch would survive if the Boltons control the entire North.

Comment

Just came across this today. This kind of thing is rampant in the series and is why GRRM will never finish the series during his lifetime. It's all too complex

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...rling/Theories

Comment

I hope Quentyn is alive theory is true...just because the behaviour of his friends when telling the story to Barristan totally fits....

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            He'll be in Ghost at least briefly until Melisandre resurrects him Beric style. Remember the talk about bodies being preserved under the wall? Maybe they'll stash him there until **** dies down, so he can be brought back without anyone knowing. I have to say I hate those punk b1tches who mutinied, it's ridiculous that they can't recognize the need for bending the rules in these circumstances. Like the Night's Watch would survive if the Boltons control the entire North.
            There's no evidence to suggest Melisandre can resurrect the dead
            the way Thoros can. Maybe if she burns Shireen (king's blood and
            all, lol) she can gain the wattage necessary to attempt it. But, no...

As you sense, Jon is probably going to just warg off to Ghost, and
            then he can warg off to something (possibly someone) else.

The real question is WHY Jon was stabbed by Bowen Marsh et. al.
            A teary "For the Night's Watch" doesn't tell us much, although Jon
            was technically committing treason.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              I hope Quentyn is alive theory is true...just because the behaviour of his friends when telling the story to Barristan totally fits....
              I really don't see this one being true. It wouldn't serve any purpose, the whole point of his arc was to show (despite how important he thought his mission and role in world events were) how insignificant he really was on the grand stage of things.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post

I don't think Jon snow died from the 3 stab wounds. At the end of the chapter it says something like , "the last thing Jon felt was the cold". I am thinking that the Others are now at the wall.
                Every time the Others/Whitewalkers showed up it got very cold .
                I haven't read the books in a while but I think Jon was friendly with the giant(Wun Wun) that was on the scene as he was being stabbed.
                It's more than likely that the giant dismembered all 3 of Jon's assailants.
                Last edited by Croyd; 05-07-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
                  I don't think Jon snow died from the 3 stab wounds. At the end of the chapter it says something like , "the last thing Jon felt was the cold". I am thinking that the Others are now at the wall.
                  Every time the Others/Whitewalkers showed up it got very cold .
                  I haven't read the books in a while but I think Jon was friendly with the giant(Wun Wun) that was on the scene as he was being stabbed.
                  It's more than likely that the giant dismembered all 3 of Jon's assailants.
                  You're thinking too deeply. The cold was the cold of death, you feel cold as the life bleeds out of you. He got stabbed three times in the text but it doesn't imply they stopped, they curb stomped him afterward. His body is definitely dead.
                  Last edited by Miburo; 05-07-2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                    You're thinking too deeply. The cold was the cold of death, you feel cold as the life bleeds out of you. He got stabbed three times in the text but it doesn't imply they stopped, they curb stomped him afterward. His body is definitely dead.
                    After reading it I thought Jon died as well but I watched an interview with GRRM where he pretty much stated Jon was not dead. Although I don't think Melissande can bring Jon back to life , I'm pretty sure she is trained in some sorts of magical healing.

Theon has king's blood , at this point in the story I'm not sure of his exact location but it's possible he'll be at the wall soon. Magic potion maybe.

I've also pondered Lady Stoneheart as being the one who would possible bring Jon back, thought it's a longshot. She is carrying the flame of Rhillor at the moment and being that Dondarrion passed it to her , it's quite possible she could pass it along .
                    I think her last location was at least a months ride from the wall though.

Who knows , maybe they do put Jon on ice under the wall and bring him back using the "Flame of Rhillor".

Comment

Working...
                    X