Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you go to sleep after seeing a spider like this crawl under your bed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post

I walk into my room, and from the hallway light I saw one that looked like one of those as big as a small child's hand scurry from my bathroom to my bed about as fast as I could run, or faster.

I took out my flashlight and looked everywhere but I couldn't find it. Who knows where that mother****er is. It's faster than I am, there's no way i could catch it.
    Looks like a wolf spider. Nothing to worry about. All they want is a cool dark place to rest, to be left alone to hunt and to lay their eggs in your brain.

Did I say "lay their eggs in your brain"? I meant "be friends always".

Comment

Never understood the irrational fear most people have for insects and/or arachnids, it's just never been in me to be afraid of them. I thought it was pretty common for little boys to grow up fascinated by the "icky" stuff that made little girls wet themselves?

I vividly remember gently handling a black widow I found in the tool shed when I was a boy. And yeah, I knew how "dangerous" it was before I even approached it.

Spiders have the worst PR agent in the animal kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        At the time I was in Dallas. We lived right next to a creek. So there was a f**k load of spiders and ****. One time I walked out at night to get something on the back porch, and when I flicked on the light I saw a big ass snake tail under the grill (startled his ass) and he hauled ass into the bushes. Freaked me the f**k out. And I actually like snakes, but stepping within two feet of a possible water moccasin....ain't my thing, bruh.

Comment

Man, fuck this thread.

Eight legged, googly eyed bastards.

May they burn in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
            You should let him bite you.

An Asian Spiderman? How cute would that be?!

shooting noodles from his wrists...that would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
              That's one snake I wouldn't mind stepping on...with my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                Never understood the irrational fear most people have for insects and/or arachnids, it's just never been in me to be afraid of them. I thought it was pretty common for little boys to grow up fascinated by the "icky" stuff that made little girls wet themselves?

I vividly remember gently handling a black widow I found in the tool shed when I was a boy. And yeah, I knew how "dangerous" it was before I even approached it.

Spiders have the worst PR agent in the animal kingdom.

what is irrational about fearing a black widow spider?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  what is irrational about fearing a black widow spider?
                  The fact that black widows and brown recluses kill an average of 6 people per year annually in the United States.

Diarrhea kills more people per year than that.

Comment

The fact that black widows and brown recluses kill an average of 6 people per year annually in the United States.

and you recognize that that number would be significantly higher if they weren't feared?

Comment

Dang!

I've made some people sick with my diarrhea, but never killed anyone with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X