Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva bombs with only 270,000 Pay-Per-View buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva bombs with only 270,000 Pay-Per-View buys

The injury hit UFC 108 card headlined by former light heavyweight champion, Rashad Evans and Brazilian heavy hitter, Thiago Silva bombed as far as Pay-Per-Views were concerned, getting an estimated 255,000-270,000 buys in total.
    Damn that's a low buy rate. But not to shocked, with how many damn pull out's there were!

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
    Damn that's a low buy rate. But not to shocked, with how many damn pull out's there were!
    link please

Comment

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%20A%2000380.html

Comment

Not suprising, weak card. Rashat aint a draw....

Comment

the next card, coleman - couture will do even less. nobody wants to see these two old geezers leaning all over each other trying to lay and pray. it'll be like having two old shot matt linlands in the octagon with each other. the UFC should pay us to watch it

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
            the next card, coleman - couture will do even less. nobody wants to see these two old geezers leaning all over each other trying to lay and pray. it'll be like having two old shot matt linlands in the octagon with each other. the UFC should pay us to watch it
            that is just funny.

Comment

Yeah not surprising. I actually think the next card [109] will do slightly better only because Randy is headlining. And as irrelevant and Randy is, some people will pay to watch him fight, regardless of how retarted this match-up with Coleman is.

Things will pick up with UFC 110. UFC 110 is a great card, and people will pay to see GSP fight whoever so UFC 111 should be good too.

Plus UFC 112, and 113 are shaping up nicely.

Comment

yeah pretty much agree with the consensus

anyway I am going to the local Hooters to catch 109 but seriously thinking about leaving right before the main event .. I care about Couture-Coleman that little.

the other fights ... Serra-Trigg, Swick-Thiago, Maia-Miller I can stomach

but eff the main event.

Comment

Umm idk if you guys saw it or not, but on paper it was weak yet in reality it was a great card.
                  Last edited by Phenomkidd; 01-17-2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomkidd View Post
                    Umm idk if you guys saw it or not, but on paper is was weak yet in reality it was a great card.
                    That happens alot, actually. 91 looked kinda weak except for Lesnar vs. Couture and we got to see every fight with some great subs and KO's, 72 was horrible looking on paper but turned out to be pretty good.

108 had more injury cancellations than any card I can remember, so this shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Comment

Working...
                    X