Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should David Haye agree to fight Wladimir Klitschko on July 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
    People saying Wlad cant fight twice in 9 weeks
    22nd January 2011
    The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, United States

Evander Holyfield Vs Sherman Williams

5th March 2011
    Koncerthuset, Copenhagen, Denmark

Evander Holyfield Vs Brian Nielsen

48 yr old Holyfield has signed for two fights in 5 weeks in two different continents
    This is all useless conjecture because there is no 9 weeks now. The fight can't be signed for on that date.

And I love how you use Holyfield as an example of how fighters can fight often in short spaces of time. After all, he is a top, prime heavyweight, going into the biggest fight of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
      This is all useless conjecture because there is no 9 weeks now. The fight can't be signed for on that date.

And I love how you use Holyfield as an example of how fighters can fight often in short spaces of time. After all, he is a top, prime heavyweight, going into the biggest fight of his career.
      It's not really his biggest fight. Wlad has fought at least ten, probably 15, better opponents than Haye! Haye is a paper champion.

If age 48 Holyfield can fight twice in five weeks, obviously 35 year old Wladimir can fight twice in nine weeks.

Comment

this is getting complicated but he has no reason not to fight wlad but on the other hand I think wlad should fight haye first then the other dude.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
          this is getting complicated but he has no reason not to fight wlad but on the other hand I think wlad should fight haye first then the other dude.
          The problem is, the earliest date available for all three TV networks (SKY PPV, HBO and RTL) is July 2.

If Haye pulls out 2 weeks before the fight, as he did in 2009, Wlad has wasted the better part of a year.

Wlad's not getting any younger, prime doesn't last forever.

Comment

The problem is, the earliest date available for all three TV networks (SKY PPV, HBO and RTL) is July 2.

If Haye pulls out 2 weeks before the fight, as he did in 2009, Wlad has wasted the better part of a year.

Wlad's not getting any younger, prime doesn't last forever.
            no, the problem is wlad has signed to fight somebody else. why did they even bother to negotiate with haye when they were clearly going to fight sum bum as usual instead? wlad had his bluff called, all demands met, he even gets the fight in germany yet he still signs to fight a bum instead of a unification fight. defend wlad like you usually do with your ifs and your buts, everybody has seen wlad choose to fight a bum instead of a world champion.

Comment

Tunney... real question...

Just in the first two pages, you have 5 deleted posts, all saying the same exact thing, and then you actually posted it.

Why do you do that?

Please answer I know you'll read this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Wlad/Chisora takes a lot of attention away from Wlad/Haye, especially once the media hypes it up.

And Wlad fighting Chisora forces Haye to fight Chagaev. Neither of those fights need to happen until Wlad and Haye settle their two years of big talk. I don't care to see either, personally.

I don't know what's going happen. I personally can't believe Haye made all those concessions, if anything I thought that Wlad was going to be the one to cave in order to get the fight made.

I just don't see why Wlad would finally get things squared away with Haye, then turn around an announce another fight. Wlad knows damn well he doesn't need a tuneup.

After all, if he really thinks Haye might pull out, he could tell Chisora to be in shape are ready to fill in for Haye July 2nd.

This whole thing just beyond me.
                Stupid statement, "take away attention" man just get over yourself, what a nonsensical statement.

The guy gets offered two dates April and July, both turned down by the same man who pulled out of how many negotiations before?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  no, the problem is wlad has signed to fight somebody else. why did they even bother to negotiate with haye when they were clearly going to fight sum bum as usual instead? wlad had his bluff called, all demands met, he even gets the fight in germany yet he still signs to fight a bum instead of a unification fight. defend wlad like you usually do with your ifs and your buts, everybody has seen wlad choose to fight a bum instead of a world champion.
                  Chisora isn't a bum, he's a good fighter.

He'd KO the Gayemaker if they ever fought.

Wlad wants to fight Haye on July 2, but Haye is jealous Wlad's fighting Chisora in April so he's bitched out again.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    Tunney... real question...

Just in the first two pages, you have 5 deleted posts, all saying the same exact thing, and then you actually posted it.

Why do you do that?

Please answer I know you'll read this.
                    To bump the thread so more people will vote in the poll.

I think it's better to do that than post "bump", no one can see it except the moderators so it doesn't clutter the thread.

Comment

Chisora isn't a bum, he's a good fighter.

He'd KO the Gayemaker if they ever fought.

Wlad wants to fight Haye on July 2, but Haye is jealous Wlad's fighting Chisora in April so he's bitched out again.
                      What? chisora isnt even european level!

Comment

Working...
                      X