Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who paying PPV to watch Manny Pacquiao have an easy fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it that when Pac easily beats his opponent, its because of creative match-making, but when Floyd dominates, its because of his skills in the ring? Double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Beast View Post
      PWilliams best win prior to Martinez and the last guy to beat Martinez decisively was considered a tune up Pacquiao.

Shane Mosley, a guy who is arguable Floyds best win of his career (I lean towards Corrales) is considered a tune up for Manny.

Damn I guess you guys really do think highly of Pacquiao? Also lets say it happens and it does do good numbers. Why do you guys care? If you don't like it....no one is forcing you to buy it.
      Who is not as important as when and what they are at that when.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Who is not as important as when and what they are at that when.
        Okay I get it bro. As soon as they sign to fight Manny they are immediantly shot.

I love how Manny is so good that guys like Margarito, Cotto, and Mosley are considered tune-ups/easy fights.

Again you guys think more highly of Manny than some of his biggest fans.

Comment

Okay I get it bro. As soon as they sign to fight Manny they are immediantly shot.

I love how Manny is so good that guys like Margarito, Cotto, and Mosley are considered tune-ups/easy fights.

I read another post that Marquez will be Manny's tuneup for Mayweather.

Comment

If you are comming off bad loses does that make them the same guys as they were when tehy were highly thought of?

Who is never the right question and people who just bring up who are not talking reality.

There are 5 W's use them all when thinking about fighters and fights between them.

Comment

it doesnt matter who he fights, its going to be a $54.95 ppv at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                If you are comming off bad loses does that make them the same guys as they were when tehy were highly thought of?

Who is never the right question and people who just bring up who are not talking reality.

There are 5 W's use them all when thinking about fighters and fights between them.
                Only for fans that haven't followed the sport. Only guys who are new to boxing buy into that because history has shown us that a guy can lose badley then turn around and put on a dominate performance.

Barrera got crushed by Jones...then beat decisively in the rematch. He not only came back to arguable beat the divisions #1 guy in Morales, He went up in weight and knocked off the undisputed champ in Hamed.

So please save me that "One loss and your shot" b.s. I have actually followed the sport since I was a kid....so I don't parrot the **** HBO and these boxing shows try to spit out.

Comment

Only for fans that haven't followed the sport. Only guys who are new to boxing buy into that because history has shown us that a guy can lose badley then turn around and put on a dominate performance.

Barrera got crushed by Jones...then beat decisively in the rematch. He not only came back to arguable beat the divisions #1 guy in Morales, He went up in weight and knocked off the undisputed champ in Hamed.

So please save me that "One loss and your shot" b.s. I have actually followed the sport since I was a kid....so I don't parrot the **** HBO and these boxing shows try to spit out.
                  In boxing guys go down hill very fast, if you can't follow that logic I question your whole knowledge base of the sport, as that is the most likely outcome. You can find exception but you are only proving the rule because for most guys they don't come back.

Sure guys can come back but usually that is because they get matched properly and avoid guys that can make them look like shit again. Note the type of guys Barrera fought after Jones they were all similar until Manny.

If you lose badly or even look bad it is generally a harbinger of things to come especially for older guys against guys that are poor matchups.

Comment

Again lets say Mosley is a tuneup....which is comical:

When Oscar was on top of the sport...there were fights in which those guys were clearly scrubs yet they were PPV's.

Same with Ali. While PPV didn't exist back in the day....he was the top draw in boxing and fought several easy fights.

Even with Tyson....dude took on several overmatch opponents.

When in the history of the sport of boxing does a guy go out at face the number one threat each and every time? It has never happened like that in boxing....so even if Manny takes an easy fight next.....who cares?

Cotto wasn't easy.....look at Manny's face afterwards

Clottey was easy only because he didn't come outta his shell....but b4 that no one has decisively beat him and he has been in the ring with some of the best WW's and held his own.

Margarito wasn't easy as most think as he almost Knocked him down and had him hurt on several occasion. FWIW Marg is like Glen Johnson in he sense that he will always be that rugged guy that you will have to work to beat. Yeah Mosley KO'd him and props for that....but Marg is a tough fight for anyone in or around his division.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                      Is SSM VS Pacman a PPV worthy fight?
                      nobody on these boards pay for fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X