No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER vs. MARTINEZ vs. ALVAREZ: Let's Discuss Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HolyOrdeal
    Martinez weighed 170 lbs on fight night against Dzinziruk on fight night and Floyd only weighed 150 lbs against Ortiz and 149 lbs against Miguel Cotto

Thats a 20 lb difference it's too much Martinez and Andre Ward are much closer in size. Floyd is a small WW he isn't a big WW like Maragrito Williams Cintron Mike Jones etc
    That 149 vs Cotto is per Floyd, not HBO. He didn't really look 10lb+ smaller.

No doubt he's much smaller that SM either way, but the guy is a 2x champ at 154, currently ranked #1 there by everyone: here, ring, espn. There's full time swwers heavier than Serg fight night. Are they also too big for the champ, and where's the cutoff?

Comment

Martinez wins them all. He is much bigger and faster than all of them. Floyd is scared of him and Canelo is more of a fighter instead of boxer.

Comment

Oh look floyd fans making excuses as to why floyd should not fight sergio yet a few months ago they were calling pac a coward for not fighting sergio. LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          That 149 vs Cotto is per Floyd, not HBO. He didn't really look 10lb+ smaller.
          Mayweather's 30-day weigh-in before the Ortiz fight was 149:

http://www.************.com/2011/08/...-day-weigh-in/

Mayweather weighed in at 151 for Cotto. He weighed in at 150 for Delahoya. I've tried to find any weigh-in (ever) where Floyd tipped the scales above 151. I couldn't. But I invite you to verify.

I think it's pretty damn fair to say that Floyd's normal fight weight is ~150 pounds. Wouldn't you?

Comment

I still find it hilarious that the same dudes that were calling for a pac-martinez fight not too long ago are the ones saying martinez should not be fighting floyd. What a bunch of ****sexuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
              Mayweather's 30-day weigh-in before the Ortiz fight was 149:

http://www.************.com/2011/08/...-day-weigh-in/

Mayweather weighed in at 151 for Cotto. He weighed in at 150 for Delahoya. I've tried to find any weigh-in (ever) where Floyd tipped the scales above 151. I couldn't. But I invite you to verify.

I think it's pretty damn fair to say that Floyd's normal fight weight is ~150 pounds. Wouldn't you?
              I don't know, but why do you suppose he agreed to unofficial weighin for Ortiz and not Cotto? I also think it's fair not to take Floyd's word at face value, agree?

Comment

Working...
              X