No announcement yet.

Martin Scorsese to direct Jaime Foxx in Mike Tyson Movie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Scorsese to direct Jaime Foxx in Mike Tyson Movie

Biopics have proven time and again that they are a hot commodity in Hollywood, drawing in both moviegoers curious to learn more about the real-life story and awards attention. Take a look at this year’s Oscar nominations (or any other year, for that matter) and note how many of the recognized films are based on true events.

So the life of Mike Tyson seems like obvious source material for a big-screen adaptation. The boxer’s life has been marked by more than his share of controversies and scandals – and when word arrived that Oscar winner Jamie Foxx is set to star in a film based on Tyson’s life, the film instantly showed promise. Today’s news will instantly lift anticipation for the movie even higher.

New York’s Power 101.5 recently talked with Foxx; the comedian/actor/singer was on the station’s The Breakfast Club morning show to debut his new single, but he also casually dropped some big news on his upcoming Tyson biopic. Here’s what Foxx had to say:

“I just went in with Paramount with Mike Tyson. So I’m going to do the Mike Tyson story. Listen, to be in the same room pitching Mike Tyson to Paramount, Mike Tyson is on one side, I’m on the other side and doing Mike Tyson at the same time. And Martin Scorsese at the helm. This will be the first boxing movie that Martin Scorsese has done since Raging Bull.”

http://screenrant.com/mike-tyson-bio...rtin-scorsese/

Looks like this thing is finally set in motion. This is Scorsese ' first boxing movie since "Raging Bull", this should definitely be good. Thoughts?

Foxx looks like Tyson, but isn't he a year or two older than Iron Mike? can he box like him? Martin Scorcese already has the best boxing movie ever in Raging Bull.

I can never take Foxx serious as a bad ass, he is goofy to me and a cornball old guy trying to be young still, Django he was not fit for that roll, should've had Idris Elba a real masculine actor.

Comment

Jamie Foxx on "Mike Tyson": https://youtu.be/6ytDeUkYtGc

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Foxx looks like Tyson, but isn't he a year or two older than Iron Mike? can he box like him? Martin Scorcese already has the best boxing movie ever in Raging Bull.

I can never take Foxx serious as a bad ass, he is goofy to me and a cornball old guy trying to be young still, Django he was not fit for that roll, should've had Idris Elba a real masculine actor.
        That is how you feel because you probably came up in the 90s, this current generation sees him as Jaime Foxx the actor not Jamie Foxx the comedian.

Comment

Oscar movie

Comment

Next they'll have Samuel L as Holyfield.

Comment

Foxx as Tyson? Meh...I think Dicaprio would've been a lot better.

Comment

Scorsese's past it for me. He has nothing to say anymore.

Give it to a younger director who can do something special with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                  Foxx as Tyson? Meh...I think Dicaprio would've been a lot better.
                  DiCaprio will play Cus, Spinks, and Robin Givens.

Comment

HOW THE HELL IS HE GOING TO PULL OFF THE INTIMIDATION OF A PRIME TIME IRON MIKE?

He was utter trash in a silent, tough guy role as Django.

Comment

Working...
                    X