No announcement yet.

Mayweather would tire, just like Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather would tire, just like Cotto

Mayweather was/is the best P4p fighter in the world but if he fought a huge Welterweight like Margarito he WOULD tire and there's a great chance of him being stopped. I saw signs of fatigue in Mayweather in his fight with Hatton, imagine a massive Welterweight leaning on you, the power of his punches and the fact you can't do anything to keep him off you. I think Mayweather would fold under his relentless pressure.

like when he went to fight at 154 with Oscar.

You know people train for the fight to espiecally Mayweather to go 12 rounds.

and he is not so dumb to go toe2toe against Margarito and would let Margarito go to the body alot

Comment

No. Mayweather is the best conditioned fighter in boxing. And realize that Mayweather didn't do anything agianst Hatton for the first 4 rounds. He conserved his energy because he knew Hatton would tire out. Once he was tired Mayweather went to work with him and toyed with him.

Marg would put great pressure on Floyd. But remember Floyd is accustomed to fighting on the defensive. Cotto is a come forward type of fighter.

Comment

I doubt it, Mayweather should potshot his way to a victory never engaging. Margarito doesn't lean on you or clinch he just keep punching and hitting arms etc. Mayweather knows this and would just stay in the center and potshot margarito in a boring fight.

Comment

Margarito would bulldoze Mayweather.

Comment

Everything Margarito struggled with Last night, Mayweather is twice as good at
            Defence, Counterpunching, Movement, Speed
            I dont think it would be the best fight, but I can easily see Floyd winning by a UD
            Tony could'nt hit a moving Cotto with more than one punch.. Floyd has everything needed to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by _Ricky_ View Post
              Mayweather was/is the best P4p fighter in the world but if he fought a huge Welterweight like Margarito he WOULD tire and there's a great chance of him being stopped. I saw signs of fatigue in Mayweather in his fight with Hatton, imagine a massive Welterweight leaning on you, the power of his punches and the fact you can't do anything to keep him off you. I think Mayweather would fold under his relentless pressure.
              That's correct.

Floyd knows it himself, and that's why he turned down $8 million to fight Margarito in 2006, and fought past-prime Baldomir instead for less money.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
                No. Mayweather is the best conditioned fighter in boxing. And realize that Mayweather didn't do anything agianst Hatton for the first 4 rounds. He conserved his energy because he knew Hatton would tire out. Once he was tired Mayweather went to work with him and toyed with him.

Marg would put great pressure on Floyd. But remember Floyd is accustomed to fighting on the defensive. Cotto is a come forward type of fighter.
                Good points, taking into consideration that Cotto hardly went to the body, which, if done correctly and often, knocks the wind out of a fighter despite having great stamina.

I believe Floyd is much faster than Cotto, can at least match Margarito, if not surpass him, in the stamina dept., has a great chin, is a much smarter fighter than many give him credit for, has a keen sense of his opponents' weaknesses, and can throw more effective and precise combinations at the most appropriate moments in a fight.

All in all, speculation usually leads to imaginary conclusions which may or may not happen until the actual event takes place.

Maybe Floyd should return once and for all.

Comment

Mayweather simply wouldn't get into position Cotto got himself into. He wouldn't stay here and just trade blows like Cotto did sometimes. Mayweather is one if not the best conditioned boxer today. Mayweather chin and defense are a lot better than Cotto's so yea.

Comment

against a guy like Margarito, Floyd would pull his usual one/done/run routine. Unless Marg catches Floyd with something big, i see Floyd potshotting his way to a decision. Cotto was able to make Marg look amaturish at times with his speed. Floyd is even faster than Cotto, and would not dare stay in the pocket with Marg.

Comment

Working...
                    X