No announcement yet.

This is as close as it gets to real life DBZ battles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
    That battle was an interesting one. They hinted to the audience that General Zod is a soldier and therefore far more superior to the raised-on-earth civilian Superman, yet he is at a disadvantage due to the different gravity/environment.

Superman is the only natural born kryptonian, the only one with free will, and his ideals give him strength. Whenever a man embodies an ideal, he becomes much more than just himself.

Zod and the others might as well be robots. Whatever limits they have, they have already reached. Superman has no limits.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-27-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I can't fully comment on the DBZ movie since I haven't even bothered to see it. But from the trailers, it looked horrible. More like a spoof than a serious effort.

Dragon Ball Z needs to look epic. It needs to have a 300 film type of look and vibe to it. You need some good oriental actors in it, as opposed to pasty Americans. See 'Inglorious Bastards' in how it's done. Quentin Tarantino could've easily went the lazy route and have a bunch of Americans pretend to be Germans, suspend reality and have them speak English with a slight German accent, with us having to pretend that they're actually speaking German.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
        Superman is the only natural born kryptonian, the only one with free will, and his ideals give him strength. Whenever a man embodies an ideal, he becomes much more than just himself.

Zod and the others might as well be robots.
        Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was talking about the on-screen presentation, and it looked like General Zod was a tough-as-nails warrior who was at a physical disadvantage due to the new environment.

Kind of like the way went all technical in the last Rocky movie by hinting that Rocky only started to make it competitive after Tarver/Mason Dixon broke his hands in the early rounds. That it wasn't all Rocky's heart. But still hinted that he would've whooped Tarver if he was in his prime.

That's all I was getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
          Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was talking about the on-screen presentation, and it looked like General Zod was a tough-as-nails warrior who was at a physical disadvantage due to the new environment.

Kind of like the way went all technical in the last Rocky movie by hinting that Rocky only started to make it competitive after Tarver/Mason Dixon broke his hands in the early rounds. That it wasn't all Rocky's heart. But still hinted that he would've whooped Tarver if he was in his prime.

That's all I was getting at.
          Oh i'm not talking about just the movie lol, the Superman Mythology is one of my favorites.

Zod is supposed to be a badass -an unfeeling machine of war with world crumbling strength- but he's not really fighting for anything. He fights because that's what he was bred to do, he fights because that's the only thing he knows.

Superman is fighting for his mother, for the memory of his father, for the last wishes of his real father, to protect life and to use all of his powers to defend and nurture all that is good.

The one with a worthy cause will always be more powerful than the one with nothing to fight for(maybe not in real life, but when you can move mountains it should count more)
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-27-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X