Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: If The Deal Falls Through, Kessler is Not a Warrior

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: If The Deal Falls Through, Kessler is Not a Warrior

Carl Froch believes a fight with Mikkel Kessler is 'very close' as time for a deal to be done runs out.

Promoters Eddie Hearn and Sauerland must reach a compromise by the end of play on Monday with the IBF demanding Froch fight mandatory challenger Adonis Stevenson instead.

Purse bids are due on Tuesday but the sanctioning body have agreed to issue a waiver if a unification fight with WBA champion Kessler can be made instead.

And Froch seems confident the Dane, who won their first clash in 2010, will agree to put his belt on the line in a re-match. [Click Here To Read More]

Shots...kind of fired.

Comment

does he ever stop moaning? cant see the ibf allowing unification with a "regular" wba belt, well it shouldnt do! i hope kesslers just trying to get under his skin and forcing him to almost vacate the title etc

Comment

Just make the fight so we can stop listening to all this friendly trash talk. We know they're good mates, just make the fight and get on with it.

Comment

if the fight isn't made, everyone knows whose side the blame falls on.

Froch's end have been as transparent and candid as can be about negotiations. it's all on Kessler and Sauerland.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
            if the fight isn't made, everyone knows whose side the blame falls on.

Froch's end have been as transparent and candid as can be about negotiations. it's all on Kessler and Sauerland.
            How can you know who's to blame? Just because Froch is yelling the loudest he is not to blame should it fall through?

Comment

anyone who isn't a newcomer to the sport should already know better, but there is plenty of precedent to observe if one is wondering whether Froch is just barking.

like it or not, the benefit of the doubt should and will go to Froch if this fight is not finalized.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                How can you know who's to blame? Just because Froch is yelling the loudest he is not to blame should it fall through?
                I'd say pretty much actually, Kessler and Sauerland have been very very quiet on the subject over the last few weeks.

If it isn't their fault its a very bad PR job on their behalf

Comment

Hope the fight happens....i have faith that the Sauerlands will eventually get it their way, so that the venue will be in either Manchester or London. If it's in Nottingham not many Danes will travel.....the Moon is easier to get to from Denmark.... Guess Sauerlands wants a good piece of the eventual PPV too. They are businessmen you know....

Comment

Originally posted by askoe View Post
                    Hope the fight happens....i have faith that the Sauerlands will eventually get it their way, so that the venue will be in either Manchester or London. If it's in Nottingham not many Danes will travel.....the Moon is easier to get to from Denmark.... Guess Sauerlands wants a good piece of the eventual PPV too. They are businessmen you know....
                    In the reports the venue of choice seems to be the London o2 anyway, i'd totally understand if they didn't want it in Nottingham as that'd swing it too far in Froch's way.

Comment

Working...
                    X