Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone really, genuinely surprised by the Pacquiao/Mosley result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was anyone really, genuinely surprised by the Pacquiao/Mosley result?

...and how effective was the Top Rank promotional team in actually convincing the public this fight would be competitive?

On the fight announcement - didn't everyone decry this fight as a boring mismatch against a fighter that hasn't looked good since 2009. Didn't we scream for Marquez, or Bradley or Mayweather instead?

So how did Top Rank manage to convince so many people to pay for this event?

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
    ...and how effective was the Top Rank promotional team in actually convincing the public this fight would be competitive?

On the fight announcement - didn't everyone decry this fight as a boring mismatch against a fighter that hasn't looked good since 2009. Didn't we scream for Marquez, or Bradley or Mayweather instead?

So how did Top Rank manage to convince so many people to pay for this event?
    We did scream for (Mayweather), Marquez or Berto (Bradley was tied up with Alexander when TR was tryna get a fight for Pac) but that's not what we got.

I don't think many people were surprised with "the result" of the fight, I think the way that the fight went surprised us. Pacquiao stayed in the pocket basically in the entire fight, essentially this is what Mosley wanted, right? to fight toe to toe and not deal with any elusiveness. Pacquiao said it himself, he wanted to test Mosley's power. Mosley, I thought, fought smart for his ability, I mean, whenever he felt or decided, 'hey it's not wise for me to stay and punch with this guy,' he moved away and kept a good distance for a lot of the fight (obviously took some things away from the Marquez bouts). How much was Pacquiao's performance hampered by his leg cramp? I don't know so I'd rather not speculate. Pacquiao, for the most part, stayed very patient and did what he could against a guy who frankly didn't want to fight like we were lead to believe he would. It's boxing, I'm used to the unexpected....kinda

Comment

I was surprised at how boring the fight was...they both have styles to make for an explosive fight, at least for a couple rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by esconore View Post
        I was surprised at how boring the fight was...they both have styles to make for an explosive fight, at least for a couple rounds.
        i agree. i though shane would at least put in the first few rds, and go hard to make the first half of the fight interesting.

Comment

****,the only thing remotely surprising about saturday was that Manny allowed Mosley to share the ring for a full 12 rounds.I don't know why Manny didn't stop him,that's surprising.

Comment

What surprised me is suddenly people are referring to Shane as a fighter with good ring generalship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              ****,the only thing remotely surprising about saturday was that Manny allowed Mosley to share the ring for a full 12 rounds.I don't know why Manny didn't stop him,that's surprising.
              yeah...

i dunno why it had to take a fake kd for the usual pac to show up. some say it was the leg, but whatever.

i was expecting mosley to get beat, but to at least put up a fight. mosley is not the type of fighter i would expect to completely be on the run in a fight

Comment

Not surprised at all. I didn't think Pac would be able to knock Mosley down, but the fight went just like people said it would when this joke of a match up was announced. If Floyd would step up to the freakin plate maybe we could see a fight fans have been asking for. If not though I still don't want to see Pac fighting no hopers like his last couple of fights. You can scream "but these guys are bigger" all you want, but if they don't have the skill to go with that size then it's just a crappy match up.

Comment

I'm not surprised about the result but I was surprised that Mosley was knocked down. I mean I know that Pacquiao is a strong guy but I guess I had the reckoning that he just wasn't as strong as Mosley - even Margarito couldn't knock Mosley down. I remember how Shane was saying that he, "loved a good scrap" - well he definitely didn't show it and after that knock down, he was there to survive. He didn't take a risk at all - if he had, I'm pretty sure Pacquiao would have at some point been genuinely knocked down.

Comment

Working...
                  X