No announcement yet.

What Are You Expecting From Rigondeaux This Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    I cant say he is or isnt a beast. Hes only show 11 fights with weak opposition. I can care less about his Am-career ..... what hes done in the big time is what i focus on. And he aint done nothing big. Made no big waves at all. And understandably why! Hes a newbee to the pro game and coming up. If thats the case than Im sure Dodie Boy and Rigo are on the same page too huh! Dodie got 10 wins and 10 KOs....better than Rigos record. Keep in mind im not hating on the guy. So all your comments on other fighters are mute. By the way Farenas is a tough SOB!
    Look pac..you said that you're not hating in the guy but all that I see is plain hate if not how you explain this..I take a look at boxing records and no fighter had better 11 first opposition than Rigo...look the ones that your idol fought:

Jose lazaro 1-3-1
    Rosendo sanches 2-1 "he lose to this dude"
    Saul santoyo debut
    Jose luis torres 0-4
    Noel alma debut
    Kaichon sor vorapin 4-5
    Mark sales 7-16-2
    Jorge lopez 2-6-1
    Ricardo barrera 16-4-1
    Gilberto bolaņos 21-8-1
    Paulino villalobos 25-28-2

TOTAL 78-75-8

Look Rigo's opponents

Juan Noriega 3-2-0
    Robert guillen 4-2-3
    Giovanni andrade 59-11-0
    Lante addy 8-4-1
    Adolfo landeros 20-11-1
    Jose angel beranza 33-18-2
    Ricardo cordoba 37-2-2
    Willie casey 11-0-0
    Rico ramos 20-0-0
    Teon kennedy 17-1-2
    Robert marroquin 22-1-0

TOTAL 234- 53-11

That include two top 10 @ 122 and four top 20 @ 122

My friend I don't wanna sound like a fan boy..just records...And over that he is the undefeated WBA champion of the world..he floored every single of his opponents..and he is maybe the best amateur boxer of all times with more than 400 wins with nearly 200 kos ..two times Olympic gold medallist..doesn't get better than this my friend..

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Most good fighters have a high KO rate early in their pro careers. That's because they usually fight inferior opposition as they build their record. Rigo only has eleven fights, and he's a world-class talent, so of course he's going to have a high proportion of knockouts. If he gets to fight, say 30 professional bouts before he retires, you better believe his KO percentage will decline very rapidly. Guillermo definitely has serious power, but his style isn't geared towards knocking people out. He's used to outclassing people and winning on points.
      My friend I remember watching rigo fight back in cuba many times..ppl was amazed with his power..and you know the kind of opposition in cuba..rigo is a serious fighter with serious ko power..

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        I thought Poon beat Sydorenko which was in Germany and he also knocked out Dunne in Ireland....
        Whoops, you're right, Poon has so far fought twice outside of Asia. (Saturday will be his third.) I missed Ireland. Scanning through all Kratingdaenggym's fights on Boxrec, it's easy to miss "Ireland" among all those "Thailands".

But Poonsawat did lose to Sydorenko in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
          My friend I remember watching rigo fight back in cuba many times..ppl was amazed with his power..and you know the kind of opposition in cuba..rigo is a serious fighter with serious ko power..
          In my previous post I said, "Guillermo definitely has serious power," so I'm not disagreeing with your point. But you were talking about his KO rate, and I basically replied that it's not particularly noteworthy.

Rigo has eleven pro fights. He didn't knock out two of his better opponents: Cordoba and Marroquin. He even failed to KO Addy (a fighter with an 8-4-1 record, when they fought). Given his style, I expect Guille to KO most of the weaker men he fights and decision most of the better men he fights. It doesn't have so much to do with his power. It has to do with his style. By the time Rigo retires, possibly with 30 or so fights, he'll probably have less than a 60% KO percentage. That's not impressive.

Comment

Look pac..you said that you're not hating in the guy but all that I see is plain hate if not how you explain this..I take a look at boxing records and no fighter had better 11 first opposition than Rigo...look the ones that your idol fought:

Jose lazaro 1-3-1
            Saul santoyo debut
            Jose luis torres 0-4
            Noel alma debut
            Kaichon sor vorapin 4-5
            Mark sales 7-16-2
            Jorge lopez 2-6-1
            Ricardo barrera 16-4-1
            Gilberto bolaņos 21-8-1

TOTAL 78-75-8

Look Rigo's opponents

Juan Noriega 3-2-0
            Robert guillen 4-2-3
            Giovanni andrade 59-11-0
            Lante addy 8-4-1
            Adolfo landeros 20-11-1
            Ricardo cordoba 37-2-2
            Willie casey 11-0-0
            Rico ramos 20-0-0
            Teon kennedy 17-1-2
            Robert marroquin 22-1-0

TOTAL 234- 53-11

My friend I don't wanna sound like a fan boy..just records...And over that he is the undefeated WBA champion of the world..he floored every single of his opponents..and he is maybe the best amateur boxer of all times with more than 400 wins with nearly 200 kos ..two times Olympic gold medallist..doesn't get better than this my friend..

I think pac boy just got completely owned. This is what you did to his post:

Comment

Jose lazaro 1-3-1
              Saul santoyo debut
              Jose luis torres 0-4
              Noel alma debut
              Kaichon sor vorapin 4-5
              Mark sales 7-16-2
              Jorge lopez 2-6-1
              Ricardo barrera 16-4-1
              Gilberto bolaņos 21-8-1

TOTAL 78-75-8

Look Rigo's opponents

Juan Noriega 3-2-0
              Robert guillen 4-2-3
              Giovanni andrade 59-11-0
              Lante addy 8-4-1
              Adolfo landeros 20-11-1
              Ricardo cordoba 37-2-2
              Willie casey 11-0-0
              Rico ramos 20-0-0
              Teon kennedy 17-1-2
              Robert marroquin 22-1-0

TOTAL 234- 53-11

Comment

I'm expecting him to come out ultra aggressive like Pacquiao and give us an exciting fight from start to finish, but knowing him and his ultra defensive style I know I can expect him to put me to sleep. Oh well I do need a nap anyways. By the way Rigo is just a KO waiting to happen, that chin of his is way suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Berges View Post
                  I'm expecting him to come out ultra aggressive like Pacquiao and give us an exciting fight from start to finish, but knowing him and his ultra defensive style I know I can expect him to put me to sleep. Oh well I do need a nap anyways. By the way Rigo is just a KO waiting to happen, that chin of his is way suspect.
                  In the same sentence you managed to say that Rigo would be ultra-aggressive and give and exciting fight, then you immediately follow up by saying that he'll be ultra-defensive and put you to sleep. Nice.

Comment

I'm actually hoping for Rigo to get sparked by P-swat.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      I'm actually hoping for Rigo to get sparked by P-swat.
                      ..... Why???

Comment

Working...
                      X