Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Marquez Acting Tough on Camera but Asking for a 50-50 Split on Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
    Pac can make 140 easy??? And if Pacman decides to fight Martinez at a catchweight, let's say at 155 lbs., I bet you'll be the first one here saying he's a fraud and trying to build his resume on catchweight fights. No matter what Pac does, won't be good enough for you I'm sure. Pathetic...
    are you saying that pacquiao can NOT make 140 easy?

Comment

Originally posted by Espada View Post
      Marquez has been frustrated by the inability of promoters to make a Pacquiao fight. He once paid a visit to the Philippines to urge Pacquiao to fight him. Talks occurred early this year when the first attempt to make Pacquiao-Mayweather failed.

"They turned it down, asking for a 50-50 split and drug testing," Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum said. "And right after they fought for the second time, Manny had his eyes on bigger fights, which was the right move. The idea that he's ever ducked Marquez is ridiculous."

Arum has said Marquez or Shane Mosley would be the top alternatives for Pacquiao should Mayweather remain cool to a super-fight.

Marquez's case would be boosted by an impressive showing against Katsidis.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,4108170.story

You act tough when Cotto and Margarito got only 30% of the share.
      JMM is acting tough to try and land the fight. In the back of his mind he knows he'll get KO'd so he's just making sure he has the cash to retire for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        are you saying that pacquiao can NOT make 140 easy?
        Marquez doesn't call the shots on this one madam.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
          gimme your explanation why marquez deserve 50-50.

gimme facts. not assumption.

stand on your new name, manny presh lol
          Pacquiao is making him fight at 147lbs...i'd say that a very BIG concession to make. IF Manny wants to beat a fat, old and slow Marquez, then he should pay up and give the man his money, otherwise, let him fight at his weight. Its the way negotiations work dumbasses.

Why are *******s talking about money now? I thought Pacman fights for pride and to give good entertainment to the fans. What load of shit this guy is. Smoke and mirrors.
          Last edited by p4p-champ; 11-27-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
            Pacquiao is making him fight at 147lbs...i'd say that a very BIG concession to make. IF Manny wants to beat a fat, old and slow Marquez, then he should pay up and give the man his money, otherwise, let fight at his weight.

You're a bit lost here. It is Marquez who wants this fight. Pac said he'll go back down to 147, right after the Margarito fight. He's also a beltholder there in case you've forgotten. If he decide to fight Marquez at a catchweight, you and all the *****s will piss at him and hate him, will probably call his resume', a "catchweight" legacy. Now that he wants the fight to be in a legit boxing weight class, and defend his belt, you still hatin' him...

Comment

Why are *******s talking about money now? I thought Pacman fights for pride and to give good entertainment to the fans. What load of shit this guy is. Smoke and mirrors.

LMAO!!! Like the *******s has the final say on who's Pacquiao's gonna fight next! LOL

... and smoke and mirrors is more apt for Fraud, you know that, you're just in denial...

Comment

Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
                If he decide to fight Marquez at a catchweight, you and all the *****s will piss at him and hate him, will probably call his resume', a "catchweight" legacy. Now that he wants the fight to be in a legit boxing weight class, and defend his belt, you still hatin' him...
                Manny's catchweight legacy has already been solidified. What is most apparent about his catchweight legacy is it only works one way-when his opponents are forced to starve.

You'd think he would be ok with dropping a few pounds to make a fight at 140lbs the way he has made all his opponents do to make a fight 'fair'.

Afterall, is Pacman suppose to be a Junior welterweight? lol

*******s, are in some serious denial about their smoke and mirrors magician.
                Last edited by p4p-champ; 11-27-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Facts N Logic View Post
                  its clearly more than money with you. why do you hate a hall of famer with heart skill and desire to to prove himself.
                  so why do u hate pacman then??

Comment

Manny's catchweight legacy has already been solidified. What is most apparent about his catchweight legacy is it only works one way-when his opponents are forced to starve.

You'd think he would be ok with dropping a few pounds to make a fight at 140lbs the way he has made all his opponents do to make a fight 'fair'.

Afterall, is Pacman suppose to be a Junior welterweight? lol

*******s, are in some serious denial and their smoke and mirrors magician.

Let me ask you this, how many catchweight fights did Pacquiao have that was insisted by his team? I'll answer it for you in case you don't know. it's ONE, and that was the Cotto fight. He made Cotto come in at 145, a POUND below when he fought Margarito. Margarito fought and lost to Mosley at 147. he couldn't make 147 anymore and Team Pacquiao accommodated him at 150. So, where's the catchweight legacy huh? Like I said before, the smoke and mirrors thing is more apt for Fraud...
                    Last edited by gopi11; 11-27-2010, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao's opponent makes weight for the Catchweight.

Floyd didn't.. Floyd agrees to a catchweight and never made the weight. That's totally an embarassment in the sport of boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X