This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
    Tolerance of sin is the greatest sin. You have to recognize sin for what it is and not be lulled into thinking compromise is the general rule.

1. Whether you were able to pocket 1 cent or a billion dollars is the same. Deceit is deceit. While the effect of such a deceit may vary, the act in itself is wrong.

2. Honest omissions are an exception. However in this case, your responsibility is to inform your client that his tax obligations have been undervalued UNINTENTIONALLY thus him paying for less. It is your client's choice whether he wants to correct the mistake by paying the right dues or not provided he has been duly informed of the circumstances.

3. Tolerance of sin is the greatest sin.

I confess that my knowledge regarding theology is extremely limited and that I'm just depending discernment but realize this. A sin is a sin. It may be subject to exceptions but man's mistake is to make the exception as the rule. Inevitably the rule becomes ignored and form part of natural action thus the sin is omitted willfully.

It is not easy to get to heaven but spending an eternity in hell, you wouldn't want that.
    Number 2 is a real ethical dilemma. The partner would not permit me to inform the client. If I communicated the mistake to the client anyway, I might be fired. This is my livelihood.

If I stand up and make a big fuss out of it - what did I accomplish? Somethings you just turn the other cheek to. You pretend they didn't happen. Otherwise I'm out of a ****ing job and up ****'s creek. I got two mortgages and numerous other monthly financial obligations - if I'm out of a job then basically I'm ****ed.

Is God gonna punish me for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Number 2 is a real ethical dilemma. The partner would not permit me to inform the client. If I communicated the mistake to the client anyway, I might be fired. This is my livelihood.

If I stand up and make a big fuss out of it - what did I accomplish? Somethings you just turn the other cheek to. You pretend they didn't happen. Otherwise I'm out of a ****ing job and up ****'s creek. I got two mortgages and numerous other monthly financial obligations - if I'm out of a job then basically I'm ****ed.

Is God gonna punish me for this?
      It remains an honest omission.

Inform your boss of what happened, it will be up to him to make the choice whether to inform the client or not. Your responsibility is to infrorm A PERSON OF AUTHORITY. It would be an entirely different matter if that person of authority is you since you cannot feign ignorance.

Ask for forgiveness and the grace to resist wrongdoing.

We all face tough choices in life. I understand it's hard times over there with even harder times ahead. The fundamental question you should be asking is what do you do longterm.

Comment

If by simple allusion you are still unable to comprehend. I cannot help you any further.

Let's move on sir.
        Alright let me rephrase... no, actually I'll just repeat the question: Should disobedient children be stoned to death?

Comment

• mokmok getting McCall'd

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyhook View Post
            mokmok getting McCall'd
            Who's McCall??

Comment

• Originally posted by bigboyzz6 View Post
              I never understood the people that blame God for everything. Why not blame Satan? He's the one who's giving the thought to the man who's gonna rape the 5 year old, and he's the one who you're gonna spend eternity in hell with if u don't accept God. God put the tree there so man can have a choice. Without a choice he would have a whole lot of people in heaven who hate him and would not really want to worship him. This way God gives u a choice of eternity with or without him.
              Man god can be such a prick...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                Man god can be such a prick...
                He loves you so much that He gave you FREEWILL.

Now it's your choice whether you want to spend an eternity with God and all the richness of heaven (gold is mere asphalt you walk on in heaven) or spend an eternity being damned and suffering atrocious tortures in hell neither resting nor sleeping for even a second.

Comment

He loves you so much that He gave you FREEWILL.

Now it's your choice whether you want to spend an eternity with God and all the richness of heaven (gold is mere asphalt you walk on in heaven) or spend an eternity being damned and suffering atrocious tortures in hell neither resting nor sleeping for even a second.
                  So he created me just to worship him and if I don't I'm doomed to burn forever? What a self-centered-sadistic prick...

Also that's as much freewill as accepting to give a mad man oral just because he has a gun to your head
                  Last edited by -Johannes-; 11-27-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                    So he created me just to worship him and if I don't I'm doomed to burn forever? What a self-centered-sadistic prick...

Also that's as much freewill as accepting to give a mad man oral just because he has a gun to your head
                    That is the point of choice. Consequences.

If somebody offered you 1 billion dollars on the street in exchange for some act, chances are you'll accept the offer.

God is offering you more than a billion. In fact in heaven, gold is just asphalt that you walk on. He's offering you riches in heaven unheard of here, on top of an eternity of harmony, peace and love. And all he ask in return is that you FOLLOW HIS LAWS.

From where I see it.... that's a huge bargain I'd readily accept.

But no. Man through his FREEWILL blatantly discards such rich inheritance coming from God in exchange for low pleasures and petty distractions which are temporary in nature.

Use your FREEWILL wisely.

It's either Heaven or Hell.

Comment

That is the point of choice. Consequences.

If somebody offered you 1 billion dollars on the street in exchange for some act, chances are you'll accept the offer.

God is offering you more than a billion. In fact in heaven, gold is just asphalt that you walk on. He's offering you riches in heaven unheard of here, on top of an eternity of harmony, peace and love. And all he ask in return is that you FOLLOW HIS LAWS.

From where I see it.... that's a huge bargain I'd readily accept.

But no. Man through his FREEWILL blatantly discards such rich inheritance coming from God in exchange for low pleasures and petty distractions which are temporary in nature.

Use your FREEWILL wisely.

It's either Heaven or Hell.
                      Wow, shiny sidewalks. Sign me up.

Comment

Working...
                      X