No announcement yet.

Fighters with an under-rated resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters with an under-rated resume?

What fighters do you believe resume gets under-rated.
    I'm going for Hagler, his resume is usually labelled "average" by a lot of people but, when you look at his earlier career when he fought all the feared guys that no-one else would for a high-risk, low-reward I think it cranks his resume up a notch to what most people think.

Kostya Tszyu

Comment

Ruben Olivares.

It is hard to fully respect Ezzard Charles' resume --- it is just so impossibly good, it's almost obscene. Fighting HOFers like they were going out of style...

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
        Ruben Olivares.

It is hard to fully respect Ezzard Charles' resume --- it is just so impossibly good, it's almost obscene. Fighting HOFers like they were going out of style...
        I agree, Charles and Olivares both get underrated, I'm also going to go with Jerry Quarry, top notch resume despite never being champ

Comment

Roy Jones Jr

2 ATG
          B-Hop and Toney

legit top 3 175ers
          Tarver Hill Harding Mccullum and Griffin

Top 3 Heavyweight
          Ruiz

Just about everyone he fought after Mccullum was a naturally bigger man

Also its more then just winning these fights he lost about 15 rounds combined in those fights with about 5 coming from the Tarver fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
            Kostya Tszyu
            Interesting choice. Lacks a true superstar victim, but the list of solid, world-class fighters is long enough to warrant due respect, I think. Not among the true elite of 140lb. champions (in a head-to-head context), but his career achievements, while not exactly outstanding, are very solid. I'd have just loved to have seen fights in the mid-90's with the likes of Whitaker & De La Hoya.

You may have a point.

Comment

By the casual fan? Joe Louis. Way to many people take the "bum of the month club" as fact when it was nothing more than to describe Louis' decimation of them. Amongst heavyweight championship resumes Louis ranks no lower than 3 or 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
                Interesting choice. Lacks a true superstar victim, but the list of solid, world-class fighters is long enough to warrant due respect, I think. Not among the true elite of 140lb. champions (in a head-to-head context), but his career achievements, while not exactly outstanding, are very solid. I'd have just loved to have seen fights in the mid-90's with the likes of Whitaker & De La Hoya.

You may have a point.
                Thats exactly whats missing,a huge name like that,and it makes a big difference on how his resume is considered

I would have also loved too see Mayweather/Tsyzu

Comment

Locche comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
                    Locche comes to mind.
                    Good one.

With all the focus on the Ali & Patterson fights, people overlook Liston's sterling run through what was a pretty deep division during his day...

Comment

Working...
                    X