No announcement yet.

"Mayweather is not an International Superstar" Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    But look at his numbers vs RG and Berto and Maidana compared to Canelo, Oscar and Pac. It's a big difference. And yeah, Floyd has a part in it too buts mostly because ppl wanna see him finally lose. Unless you're a Floyd fan. And imo, there's not a lot of true Mayweather fans.
    Obviously it's a big difference because Canelo, Pacquaio and Oscar are also stars that's why.

Star vs star = big money.

Star vs Unknown = not as big money (outside a very few exceptions I.e Tyson-Mcneely, Mayweather-Ortiz, etc etc

What are Canelo, Pacquaio and Oscar's numbers without Floyd? No where near as good.

Floyd Mayweather is the common denominator here. There has only ever been 3 fights that have reached 2 million or more, Floyd Mayweather was in all of them. Why do you think that is?

It's irrelvant if they want to see him lose or they want to see him win the fact is they know him and they're paying to watch him.

Most people wanted to see Ali lose in the 60's it doesn't change the fact he's by far the most popular fighter of that decade.

Comment

In a fair world, yes. They should get half. Boxing isn't about what's fair or not. And the fighters take it cuz that's the only way to get the fight. It's not a surprise Floyd sells great against guys like oscar, Canelo and pac but sells bad vs guys like RG and Berto. Floyd doesn't really have fans. 1 or 2 outta every 20 buys came from real Floyd fans. Let's put an end to this. If u disagree, np. I can't even talk too much about Floyd. It bores me. I was just hype watching now Serrano and the Mexican girl get it in. Hopefully pedraza spanks Floyd's little man.
      1 million buys against Guererro and 500 K against Berto are pretty good numbers man. That's not "selling bad" tell me another fighter who would sell that against them?

Ricky Hatton - Biggest numbers when he fought Floyd
      De La Hoya - Biggest numbers when he fought Floyd
      Canelo - Biggest numbers when he fought Floyd
      Pacquaio - Biggest numbers when he fought Floyd
      Miguel Cotto - Biggest numbers when he fought Floyd
      Mosley - Biggest numbers when he fought Floyf

You seeing the pattern here?

Fought Marquez as a tune up after 2 years off that everyone considered a poor fight - 1 million buys.

Victor Ortiz - 1.3 million buys.

Maidana x2 - 900k

Yet Canelo and Golovkin two of the brightest stars in sport can barely hit 500 k in their peaks.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who the star is here.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Sorry for your loss

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Obviously it's a big difference because Canelo, Pacquaio and Oscar are also stars that's why.

Star vs Unknown = not as big money (outside a very few exceptions I.e Tyson-Mcneely, Mayweather-Ortiz, etc etc

What are Canelo, Pacquaio and Oscar's numbers without Floyd? No where near as good.

Floyd Mayweather is the common denominator here. There has only ever been 3 fights that have reached 2 million or more, Floyd Mayweather was in all of them. Why do you think that is?

It's irrelvant if they want to see him lose or they want to see him win the fact is they know him and they're paying to watch him.

Most people wanted to see Ali lose in the 60's it doesn't change the fact he's by far the most popular fighter of that decade.
          It can't be irrelevant because this all started with me saying 80 percent of the ppl buying them aren't Floyd fans. I'll elaborate more tomorrow. Too drunk now. Lol

Comment

It can't be irrelevant because this all started with me saying 80 percent of the ppl buying them aren't Floyd fans. I'll elaborate more tomorrow. Too drunk now. Lol
            I agree with you that's probably the case but it doesn't matter because the same people are buying all of his fights.

It doesn't matter if you're rooting for him to win or rooting for him to lose they're still rooting for him one way or another and paying money to do so.

Comment

Good point. Tyson and Ali's biggest fights were both when the majority of the public wanted to see them lose. Tyson with Holyfield 1 and Ali with Frazier 1. It doesn't change the fact that they were two of the most recognizeable boxers of all time.

Comment

"The proof is in the pudding"

"Mayweather buys his followers" is a completely baseless claim that you can't back up at all.

Mayweather buys his followers? Ok. I say McGregor has made 20 million fake accounts and liked his own photos. We can all make baseless claims.

Mayweather has more followers on every single platform. That's a fact.

He's sold way more PPV. That's a fact.

You say "McGregor is rivalling his gates" when he's not to be honest but even if he was "rivalling" them they're still less.

I mean, you seriously just said "Mayweather is not super popular to Boxing fans" are you actually for real? Do you actually believe that?

The highest PPV seller in the history of boxing who holds the #1, #2 and #3 highest selling fights in the history of the sport isn't popular in boxing. Right...

Mayweather turned up to Badou Jack-James Degale press conference the other day and the media turned up in herds. Like Eddie Hearn said "it's as if he's fighting the way people have turned out"

If you believe what you're saying you're absolutely deluded.
                McGregor did a 20+ million gate in his last fight. So no, they aren't just rivalling, they beat every gate he ever did except for the Pacquiao fight.

PPVs in America is not a sign on international popularity. That's a stretch to say the least.

Well my claims actually make sense. I'm just asking you to find another athlete with 14 million followers who only gets 30k likes on photos? Just find me one single athlete.

Just because he sells some PPVs doesn't mean him on his own is popular as we saw against Berto for example. He sells a lot becaue people want to see him lose. Does that mean he's popular? No it doesn't. It means the opposite

McGregor's popularity is clearly a lot bigger than Floyd Mayweather's. No question about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                  I've already explained this to you. McGregor is an active fighter while Floyd has been retired for nearly 2 years, that is why McGregor gets more interaction on social media. But the numbers don't lie, Floyd has a much bigger social media following on every single platform.

Also you are wrong about who has been trending more as of late. The past few days the name Floyd Mayweather Jr. was trending on Facebook not McGregor even though the talk has been about the both of them fighting.

And Floyd did over one million buys with the likes of Victor Ortiz and Shane Mosley. If you add up Mayweather's last 5 fights and McGregors last five fights Mayweather's numbers still exceed McGregors by nearly 2 million buys.

I get that you're a McGregor fan but stop being so biased!
                  You haven't explained anything. you say he has higher numbers of followers.

But how come he has 5million more followers than McGregor on instagram, yet only gets 22k likes on his last photo? or 17k on the one before that?

Show me one single athlete with 14 million followers that gets that little interaction.

McGregor uploads a picture of freaking grass on a field and still easily cracks 500k in 30 minutes.

Explain that to me.

I'm not being biased, i'm being a realist. You guys are insecure that an MMA fighter is more popular than Floyd Mayweather

That's freaking sad to see. Grown men going into super defense because of some insecurity with the growth of MMA. I mean, Dan is trying so say McGregor has only been big for a year

Comment

When McGregor fought a nobody he still did 1.5 million buys

Yet Floyd gets a pass, why?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      McGregor did a 20+ million gate in his last fight. So no, they aren't just rivalling, they beat every gate he ever did except for the Pacquiao fight.

PPVs in America is not a sign on international popularity. That's a stretch to say the least.

Well my claims actually make sense. I'm just asking you to find another athlete with 14 million followers who only gets 30k likes on photos? Just find me one single athlete.

Just because he sells some PPVs doesn't mean him on his own is popular as we saw against Berto for example. He sells a lot becaue people want to see him lose. Does that mean he's popular? No it doesn't. It means the opposite

McGregor's popularity is clearly a lot bigger than Floyd Mayweather's. No question about it.
                      The gate did $17.7 mil in his last fight. Mayweather - Pac/Canelo/DLH all did more.

http://boxing.nv.gov/results/Top_Boxing_Gates/

Lets also not forget these UFC gate/PPV numbers aren't verified we have to believe Dana White.

Comment

Working...
                      X