Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater fighter: Arguello or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater fighter: Arguello or Pacquiao?

Who is the greater fighter in your opinion?

Accomplishments or H2H?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Accomplishments or H2H?
      However you rank or both but specify. I'd go with Arguello in a head to head and I think its clear he has the better resume too.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        However you rank or both but specify. I'd go with Arguello in a head to head and I think its clear he has the better resume too.
        Head to head I'd go with the bigger man in Arguello,.... which is to say that I rate him above the rest of Paquiao's contemporaries. But on the ATG list I have manny pacquiao quite a long way ahead,... I think he is an amazing fighter,,... big enough to beat reasonable jr Welterweights, but he loses head to head with Arguello,... and with Kostya Tszyu also.

Comment

Pacquiao I feel is for sure a greater fighter & beats Arguello H2H!

Comment

Arguello is the better fighter and H2H handles Pacquiao with relative ease. Don't use the Aaron Pryor fight as a gauge because Pacquiao is no Pryor. They have similar stamina but Pryor is a smarter and better fighter.

Comment

Arguello is greater.

Comment

Manny has the better resume,, I feel h2h would look a lot like the manny-jmm series

I'm kinda surprised that a lot of posters have Alexis as the better resume when manny has multiple wins over prime hall of famers and many more solid wins over top guys.. Plus the run from flyweight to welter... I think his resume is clearly better than Alexis'..

Alexis was past prime by the time I started watching, so can someone who watched him prime please breakdown his wins that are better than manny's

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Manny has the better resume,, I feel h2h would look a lot like the manny-jmm series

I'm kinda surprised that a lot of posters have Alexis as the better resume when manny has multiple wins over prime hall of famers and many more solid wins over top guys.. Plus the run from flyweight to welter... I think his resume is clearly better than Alexis'..

Alexis was past prime by the time I started watching, so can someone who watched him prime please breakdown his wins that are better than manny's
                  I think resume I'd go with Pac. Head to head, I'm not sure. Arguello has that incredible right hand. I think Pac's speed would just give Arguello a few too many problems, but I could also see Pac getting hurt a few times throughout and it being a very close fight.

Arguello has fighters like Ruben Olivares, Bobby Chacon, Jose Luis Ramirez, Ray Mancini, Alfredo Escalera, Rafael Limon, Cornelius Boza Edwards, Jim Watt, and numerous others.

But, then Pac has Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Cotto, Sasakul (his most underrated win), Hatton, Ledwaba, Larios, Solis, Clottey, Diaz....and in the shot category: Margarito, Oscar, Mosley.

It's not that clear, but I think Pac is just a little more top heavy with those wins over Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                  X