Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't Hopkins take the PED test? What is he afraid of?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you people are idiot s i love how u all think steroids turn u in to some machine as someone who has used them there is almost noooo good steroid for boxing so any fighter who used them would prolly be at a disadvantage i.e vargas ...looked great fought like ****

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
      Not at all. The difference is Mayweather was demanding it during negotiations for the fight, not after the fight had already been made. If the Pac vs Mayweather fight was already signed and good to go and then Floyd came out and demanded blood tests, Like Jean is now, then I would have Manny's back like I have BHop's. If Pascal demanded the test during negotiations like Floyd actually did then I would have his back like I have Floyd's, because refusing to do them during negotiations is suspicious.

Once a contract is signed and agreed upon by both fighters you can't make demands after the fact.
      This^^^^

& trust me Pac fans and *******s alike would have ripped Mayweather a new ******* on here if he had signed to fight then started yelling "TAKE THE TESTS!!!" at the first press conference.

Also, at least in my opinion, it's not so much the refusal of testing, but the flip flopping back and forth on how/when he would take these tests that was suspect in Pac's case. If Pac had said from the start that he's never failed a test, and see no reason why he should take these tests period there would be less speculation about him.

Comment

The fight was already signed man, he doesn't have to do anything extra after the contracts are signed. silly

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          The fight was already signed man, he doesn't have to do anything extra after the contracts are signed. silly
          It's from the Quebec athletic commission so I don't think Hopkins would have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
            It's from the Quebec athletic commission so I don't think Hopkins would have a choice.
            Then the Quebec Commission is clearly collaborating with Pascal’s team and that is some bull****. The fight is a couple weeks away.

Comment

Yeah, and contract probably says he has to abide that Commission's rulings on everything or else.

Comment

Then the Quebec Commission is clearly collaborating with Pascal’s team and that is some bull****. The fight is a couple weeks away.
                Yup, red flags written all over it.

Sources close to the situation are stating that the Quebec boxing commission is strongly considering the possibility of requiring a special drug test for the May 21st rematch between WBC/IBO light heavyweight Champion Jean Pascal (26-1-1, 16 KOs) and former world champion Bernard “The Executioner” Hopkins (51-5-2, 32 KOs). The bout will take place at the Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Their first fight ended in a draw this past December at the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec City. Tempers erupted between the two this past March at a press conference in Montreal when Pascal stated that he wanted Hopkins to take a special test to prove he was clean.

fight.news BTW

Comment

Why do you object to both fighters taking the test?

Is Hopkins dirty?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Why do you object to both fighters taking the test?

Is Hopkins dirty?
                    No, I'm saying the Quebec Commission is collaborating with Pascal’s camp and that's wrong. You don't make additional rules a couple weeks before the fight because another camp wants it.

Comment

Yup, red flags written all over it.
                      When and IF the commission makes that decision then fine I will support him taking the test, but until then he doesn't have to do ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X