Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Pops in the 83 Saint Louis Golden Gloves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's sick, C-Webb! Need to tell your ole man to make a comeback. Did any of that rub off?

Comment

We need more threads like these for a change if you guys know what i mean! These good stuff!

Sick of all Pac-May (but course cant resist posting LOL)

Comment

Showed alot of heart in that 3rd round. Thanks for posting Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          That's sick, C-Webb! Need to tell your ole man to make a comeback. Did any of that rub off?
          LOL. Naw, he doesn't even like boxing anymore. But if I want to talk to him about, he will. Man, he predicted the Floyd-Shane fight to a T, it was crazy!

But yes it did, I was a natural at a young age. He had me in the gym around 2, no lie. But when I got about 5, he put me into other sports. To this day, I wish I would have boxed. I'm still mad @ him about that ,

I'm joking! Man, I played college football and worked out for the Colts (pulled my hammy on my 40 & and didn't get signed), and STILL love boxing more than football

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            Showed alot of heart in that 3rd round. Thanks for posting Webb.
            Yea, I know Dom! Made me proud of my pops, I know where I come from!

I'll try to post some of my college football clips, I'm sure you guys will like those!

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
              LOL. Naw, he doesn't even like boxing anymore. But if I want to talk to him about, he will. Man, he predicted the Floyd-Shane fight to a T, it was crazy!

But yes it did, I was a natural at a young age. He had me in the gym around 2, no lie. But when I got about 5, he put me into other sports. To this day, I wish I would have boxed. I'm still mad @ him about that ,

I'm joking! Man, I played college football and worked out for the Colts (pulled my hammy on my 40 & and didn't get signed), and STILL love boxing more than football
              You could've been the next Floyd...

Comment

Pops got some good jab in first round then he went like a warrior in round 2 and 3

Pop's the man

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  You could've been the next Floyd...
                  , that is one of the main reasons I like Mayweather. His pops groomed him from a very young age. My pops started me out, but he wanted me to be different from him, he said he didn't want me to do everything he did (he started when he was 5). So he put me on a different path and football it was for me.

Comment

he was really good Coach...I attend the nationals almost every year and you get to see alot of new prospects that way..my dad made it to the quarter finals for the nationals in 81..Ill have to see if he knows your dad(you know how the boxing world usually knows of eachother)

Comment

hey Coach..my dad said he knows your pops..he said they used to call him spiderweb...he talks highly of him..said he was 5/10 and fought at 140(139) and was real good..said he worked with Ben Stewart..and fought on same team as Tony Pruitt
                      ..props..

Comment

Working...
                      X