No announcement yet.

Cats or Dogs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
    maybe guns/clubs werent available and they figured the cat would run away ?

pound for pound, cats/felines rule
    Pound for pound, cats are better hunters and fighters than dogs. Dogs need a size advantage to beat a cat. And stray cats are aggressive as hell and can take down dogs much bigger.

I find it funny that a lot of men who think cats are feminine pets own toy poodles and other little fa*g dogs. My cat would eat those little mutts alive. Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Pound for pound, cats are better hunters and fighters than dogs. Dogs need a size advantage to beat a cat. And stray cats are aggressive as hell and can take down dogs much bigger.

I find it funny that a lot of men who think cats are feminine pets own toy poodles and other little fa*g dogs. My cat would eat those little mutts alive. Lmao

toy dogs....

butterflies would fubar these things.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...rts-claim.html

Apparently the domestic house cat makes the world top-10 of predators pound for pound! the range of creatures they hunt ranges from rodents to insects. And throughout history they have played a important part in agriculture on farms etc....

I find dogs to be very needy and sometimes annoying, they seem less intelligent and autistic aswell! the way they can freak out if you look them in the eye.......

I don't condone animal cruelty towards any animal though, i saved a lost Shar Pei dog awhile back that everybody on my estate was ignoring because it was chasing people, and trying to run into people's houses....

Comment

Not only that, but dogs were bred to be domesticated. Dogs were molded by centuries of breeding by humans to be "man's best friend." Whereas cats basically domesticated themselves.

In a sense, cats aren't even fully domesticated. They can survive on their own quite fine. They might not live as long on their own, maybe only 7 years average, but your average dog wouldn't last more than a week in the wild. That's why dogs need to be kept on leashes or fenced in when they go outside. You can let cats roam freely. Very independent.

When my cat was alive, he caught all sorts of animals. Birds, mice, and bunnies. He especially liked to eat the heads. Probably killed close to 20 different creatures in his day that I know of. Possibly more. He would fight any animal that came onto our property, regardless of size. He defended his territory with honor.

Comment

at the end of the day, you still have a cat lol.

bring you cat to my house, i would love to see your cat try to eat my dog alive.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              Not only that, but dogs were bred to be domesticated. Dogs were molded by centuries of breeding by humans to be "man's best friend." Whereas cats basically domesticated themselves.

In a sense, cats aren't even fully domesticated. They can survive on their own quite fine. They might not live as long on their own, maybe only 7 years average, but your average dog wouldn't last more than a week in the wild. That's why dogs need to be kept on leashes or fenced in when they go outside. You can let cats roam freely. Very independent.

When my cat was alive, he caught all sorts of animals. Birds, mice, and bunnies. He especially liked to eat the heads. Probably killed close to 20 different creatures in his day that I know of. Possibly more. He would fight any animal that came onto our property, regardless of size. He defended his territory with honor.
              im not sure why they eat the head only? i've found dead birds in my yard with their head missing.

but my dog has killed raccoon, skunk, and a possum once.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

My parents' neighbors' cat was like that. They always found dead, headless animals in the backyard. Found headless gophers, birds, rats, even snakes. The funny thing is snakes and rats weren't a neighborhood problem, so the cat must have dragged them from a few blocks away.

He died years ago, but he was a crazy cat. Not sure how he died, probably got killed by another animal during a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  im not sure why they eat the head only? i've found dead birds in my yard with their head missing.

Yeah, my dad theorized that the head was the tastiest. You got the brain juices and everything. I do remember him eating an entire mouse once. I watched him do it. Heard the bones cracking and everything. It was gnarly.

Something real sad happened once. He attacked a bunny, but he never finished the job. The bunny had a mortal wound in it's side, kind of near the meaty part of the leg. It was still alive, you could see it breathing, but it couldn't really move. I even gave him a slight nudge with my foot, still nothing. It was sad. I brought my cat outside to finish it off and he didn't want anything to do with the bunny. I guess it wasn't fresh enough, or he wasn't in the mood.

No one else wanted to kill the bunny to end it's suffering, so my family had me do it. I thought of the best most humane way to do it. I grabbed a shovel and lined it up, and decapitated it. It wasn't clean though. It looked like the bunny felt it. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but it had to be done.

Comment

Yeah those are way too big for cats. They might fight them, but theres no way they could kill them. Probably get beaten up by those guys though.

Comment

Cats are hardwired to go after the head first, they know that's a vital spot.

Usually domestic and sometimes stray cats eat the head only because that's all they need to fill them up since they're being fed elsewhere.

Even though cats are being fed by humans, they still have to urge to kill even when they aren't hungry.

Comment

Working...
                      X