Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitor Belfort stands as good a chance as anyone!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitor Belfort stands as good a chance as anyone!

If I were to pick 2 middleweights to fight Jones Charles definitely not Chael he was terrible at 205 got beat by babalu who was a fringe contender in liddel era. Most his loses are up there and Jones eats wrestlers. for breakfest. I don't know why Jones was so scared. Greg Jackson turns fighters into biiittches he's a cancer to the sport.

Machida proved good footwork can hit Jon Jones and nobody is better with timing and footwork then silva. Belfort the 2nd best middleweight in the world has a lethal combination of speed and footwork with some of the best boxing in the sport. Jones can't stand with vitor I don't know why some people doubt vitors speed and power. Jones only chance is getting it to the ground which means he needs to get in range which is extremely dangerous. I think Victory will catch him with some brutal. punches and knock him out.

I want one bet. I'll throw down a Billy who's giving the best odds?

The only fight I care for Jones to have right now is vs Mousasi. Mousasi is the only guy good enough in the stand up department to take it to Jones. He is a master of not taking damage and will land whatever it takes to get an advantage. I used to hate him for upkicking Jacare in the DREAM MW GP finals, but now I just realize how good this guy really is. He needs the takedown defense, which is coming along.

Comment

No. No he doesn't.

He's not the second best MW in the world. That would be Chael Sonnen.
      He doesn't have good footwork.

Jones won't stand with Vitor because he doesn't have to. I don't see inherent danger either with Jones getting in close with Vitor. I'm not sure if you watched his 1st and 3rd fights with Couture but Randy made Vitor his girlfriend up against the fence, in the clinch and on the ground and so will Jones.

I also don't know why people are still on Vitor's nuts today. As a fighter he's not anything special. He's accomplished virtually nothing meaningful in the sport, and while he was a wrecking machine early in his career, that can be largely if not all attributed to steroids. He was pumped to the gills early on and continued to use throughout his pro career.

I think you can also attribute Vitor's recent fragile nature (constant injuries) on his use of steroids as well.

Vitor has about one thing going for him and that's speed in his punches. There isn't much else that sticks out and really, there never was.

Of course he has a chance, but it's very, very slim.
      Last edited by Jack3d; 08-29-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
        No. No he doesn't.

He's not the second best MW in the world. That would be Chael Sonnen.
        He doesn't have good footwork.

Jones won't stand with Vitor because he doesn't have to. I don't see inherent danger either with Jones getting in close with Vitor. I'm not sure if you watched his 1st and 3rd fights with Couture but Randy made Vitor his girlfriend up against the fence, in the clinch and on the ground and so will Jones.
        I don't count his fights with Couture. At that point his sister got kidnapped. Vitor is already not the mentally strongest person in the world, stuff like his sister getting kidnap no doubt devastated him. That's not the point I'm trying to get across though. Couture and Jones are two completely different fighters. Something Couture can do to perfection, Jones can't.

Vitor is an explosive counter puncher and a southpaw which seems to be Jon's weakness. Machida showed us this. Jones has laughable head movement, and Vitor has a much better killer instinct than Machida. Jon has far too big an ego he will strike with Vitor and that'll be his big humbling mistake.

Comment

Comment

Chael. number 2? LOL for beating Stann? Vitor destroyed Franklin who like hendo. would be a top 5 middleweight at any point since they moved up. Only reason bisping chael marquardt maia could shine was because Franklin and hendo weren't there because of Anderson. Chael barely beat bisping whose never beat a top 5 just gets spoonfed to stay relevant.

Victor is still Anderson's biggest threat he was bringing a fight until the first front kick KO in MMA happened like seriously the odds of that happening again are slim to none. and I agree Vitor is in his prime now he's never been this mentally strong he just matured.

A wrestler wont beat Jones at 205. He wont be as good at heavyweight when his size advantage disappears unless he jacks up like overeem. At 205 he's gonna have to make a mistake and get choked or knocked out. Vitor is better with his hands then anybody at 205 except maybe LilNog. Rampage has the best defense which attributes to why he never gets hurt but vitor does more then just throw hooks. He's a lethal southpaw with a wicked 1-2 and a whole boxing punch arsenal.

Comment

o and rashads speed and boxing limited Jones as well he just wouldn't let his hands go except when he would close his eyes and throw a prayer. Vitor knows he has nothing to lose and if vitor jabs and lands that brutal straight left like hendos. overhand right its over! and with vitors boxing his chances are better to land his V BOMB

Comment

Belfort has speed and power and might upset Jones. I got 1 Billion on Belfort if anyone is interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                  Chael. number 2?
                  Yes. According to multiple MMA sites, Chael is the #2 ranked MW in the world and has been for quite some time.

And to be quite honest, beating Bisping and Stann does a hell of a lot more for your division ranking than beating Anthony Johnson (who is not only not with the UFC anymore, but he's not even a MW anymore) and Akiyama who just straight up sucks. Akiyama should be winless in the UFC as a matter of fact. I don't know how he managed to get the nod over Belcher in his debut.

I also don't see how Vitor has any less to lose than Rashad. As the challenger fighting the champion you typically don't have much to lose. Especially when the champion is a huge favorite.

Rashad also has much better footwork than Vitor, who tend to move forward in straight lines instead of working angles. Vitor has also been just as timid as Rashad in recent fights as well. It's what got him knocked out by Anderson.

Vitor does not have a very strong resolve in fights, which has been a major downfall of his. When things aren't going his way he tends to fade pretty fast.

Comment

I was just on mmaweekly . who have Vitor. @ 2. We could argue all day about whose #2 but Vitors. ranking has always been iffy since he doesn't fight a lot. But to say he hasn't accomplished anything is ridiculous he's underachieved but definitely accomplished. Bispings best win in years is akiyama whose better then Miller, mayhem and even the Leban that beat akiyama was better then the one bisping fought. You could also argue akiyama beat shields. The fact is vitor and chael are the best middleweights besides Silva but we will never know whose lonely spot it is until they fight but chael rather run and become C level at 205 again when Griffin beats him easy.

Another thing I'm taking into consideration Jones mental mind state. He even admitts the heat gets to him so if they boo him I think its a wrap. Jones I think thrives on being liked and impressing people. I just feel this is the perfect time for a Matt Serra moment nobody's as dangerous as vitor at land on the back of your head like Serra!

Comment

Working...
                    X