Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are some of the best Heavyweight combination boxers in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Dempsey was a fantastic counter puncher.

Buster Douglas showed great potential to be a great counter puncher in his fight with Tyson.

Comment

like it or not, Big Vit was a good combo puncher in his prime, and an awkward one at that

Comment

I would have to go with two names already mentioned holyfield and dokes and I would go all the way back to gene tunney , jack dempsy and micheal spinks whose combos looked like he was having an athletic fit but he put put punches together quite well.

Comment

would ezzard charles qualify?

Comment

I'd say Larry Holmes, as the basic 1-2 jab, right cross combo was mostly what he threw but, at times, when he had an opponent hurt, he would end up holding out the left as a range finder for the right cross.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Michael Dokes was an excellent combination puncher with blinding speed during his prime.
              Excellent call

Comment

Hopkins in the 1990's was a great combination puncher.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                I'll tell you what.. Wladimir Klitschko can throw some really good combinations when he feels like it. Which is hardly ever now.
                Mayweather too, especially earlier in his career and now he is starting to again. For a while he didnt but he has thrown more the last couple fights.

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                George Foreman.
                Probably underrated in that regard, he always threw combos in his prime and even in old age, his KO win over moorer was NOT a one punch KO but 2 jab right hand combinations. First combo stunned moorer and the second put him out. People (especially moorer) act like it was a lucky hail mary punch but it was a right hand down the middle setup with the jab, landed twice in a row and that same combo was landed earlier in the fight. George was thinking strategically that fight.

Comment

Haye?

Adamek I mean there not ATg but they throw good combos.

Comment

Sonny Liston, at his best (years before he took on Clay), was deadly at setting up combinations finishing with his left hook.

Comment

Working...
                    X