Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan M Marquez Avoids Unification Bout vs Humberto Soto ,......to fight Katsidis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan M Marquez Avoids Unification Bout vs Humberto Soto ,......to fight Katsidis?

WBA/WBO Lightweight Champ-Juan Manuel Marquez, AVOIDS a Unification Bout With WBC Lighweight Champ-Humberto Soto, and instead, will fight Katsidis?............GO FIGURE???

Marquez is fighting Juan Diaz’s and Joel Casamayor’s (2 fighters JMM had already KO’d), “leftovers” (Katsidis), instead of trying to unify his WBO/WBA Lightweight Titles with Humberto Soto’s WBC Lightweight Title.

Isn’t it ironic, that Marquez waited almost 2 months (after beating Juan Diaz on July 31, 2010 ), to sign (on Saturday September 18, 2010),

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/marq...official-60576

( the very same day, that Soto defended his WBC Lightweight Title in Mexico) , to fight Katsidis on November 27, 2010.

Now, JMM has an “excuse” for not fighting Soto (and not unifying belts),,,…..JMM: “I already have a fight in Nov”…….

Since 2007, Soto has challenged Marquez many times, and JMM keeps ducking him.

In 2007, instead of fighting Soto, JMM opted to fight Soto’s leftovers (Rocky Juarez), just like Barrera had done so to.

Last year, Soto challenged JMM, and JMM ignored him.
    http://www.boxingscene.com.com/?m=sh...table&id=24229

I know JMM is ducking Soto, but it’s been more than 2 years, since JMM has been ducking Soto.

JMM waited till this past Saturday (Sept 18, 2010) to sign another fight, that way he’s booked for the rest of the year, and does not have to worry about fighting Soto this year.

JMM figures, “ahhh, by next year, Soto will be booked to fight someone else, and I won’t have to fight him. then”

Just like Barrera played the same evasive game. Barrera was scheduled to fight Soto on September 11, 2010,

And then Barrera cancelled it, and said he wants a “tune-up” first, against David Diaz.

Then Barrera cancels that “tune-up” and now, he doesn’t have to fight Soto for the rest of the year.

Barrera will figure, ““ahhh, by next year, Soto will be booked to fight someone else, and I won’t have to fight him. then”.

If JMM don’t want to fight Soto, and Barrera doesn’t want to fight Soto, and Pacman doesn’t want to fight Soto, then which big name will??

Soto has been faking his performances in his last 4-5 fights by “playing possum” and letting his opponents get to the final bell, instead of KOing them in the 1st rounds, as he could’ve.
    Yet, he is still feared.

Marquez wants no part of Soto.
    Pacman wants no part of Soto.
    Barrera wants no part of Soto.
    Morales wants no part of Soto.
    Peterson wants no part of Soto.
    R. Guerrero wants no part of Soto.
    Linares wants no part of Soto.
    Valero (when he was alive) wanted no part of Soto.

Since all the big name fighters are scared to fight Soto, maybe Soto will fight another C-level fighter.
    Its funny, I don’t hear Brandon Rios saying anything (now) that he wants to fight Soto next. Rios has been mute.

Rios only opened his mouth in that post fight interview, cause he knew Soto was busy getting ready to defend his title in Mexico on 9/18/10.
    But now, that Soto’s done, Rios is silent.

Marquez is SCARED to fight Humberto Soto.

Comment

Soto isn't fit to carry Juan Manuel's jockstrap.

Never has been, and never will be.

Let him fight the ghost of Barrera, and even then I bet he gets his ass taxed.

Comment

bravo! this man is a genius

Comment

JMM is ducking Mexican fighters.

I would too if I were him after that woopin he took from Barrera.

Comment

lol jmm soto

you ****

Comment

Soto sucks, or at best is very mediocre.

Comment

Good thread.

Its obvious JMM is ducking Soto.

Comment

LOL @ JMM ducking anyone.

JMM had no choice, but to fight Katsidis if he wanted to keep his belt and people wanted this fight after he beat Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                    Good thread.

Its obvious JMM is ducking Soto.

First he ducked Barrera rematch,then Morales called him out and JMM ducked him,and now he ducks another Mexican Soto.

Its obvious that JMM is ducking SLICK MEXICAN fighters!

Comment

Working...
                    X