Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Roach Accidentally downplay Manny's wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleM View Post
    There's a difference between trash talking than saying "I picked Oscar because I trained him and he can't pull the trigger anymore" and "Cotto isn't the same fighter after Margarito - he's shot".

Only Pacquiao fans seem to ignore this.
    ROACH is just much better at getting under ppls skins by being more descritive. Like how he was explaining how Joe Santiago sucked by describing his mittwork. Roach doesnt just say stupid **** like OHH HES A CRAP FIGHTER.. he says **** like I TRAINED HIM AND HE CANT PULL TRIGGER... that hurts way more.

Comment

There's a difference between trash talking than saying "I picked Oscar because I trained him and he can't pull the trigger anymore" and "Cotto isn't the same fighter after Margarito - he's shot".

Only Pacquiao fans seem to ignore this.
      Thats what I was saying, theres no reason to argue with me.

I don't understand downplaying your opponent. I would understand trying to get under there skin though.

Comment

Originally posted by kobulingam View Post
        Floyd has trash talked all his opponents and claimed they sucked (except Marquez?). He said there is nothing to respect about De La Hoyas boxing and also called Hatton a C level fighter. Marquez might be the one who got off lightly. And Pac/Roach did not pick DLH, DLH picked pac. Hatton also wanted to fight Pac.
        DLH picked PAc? Takes two to tango my friend.

Comment

De la hoya avoided Marg, and picked pac. He chased Pac an offered it at 147.

Every fighter downplays each other. Floyd even said a few monts ago that Marquez and Pac are small and he will beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCIV6 View Post
            I remember him saying that Hatton just wasn't very good..

He said Cotto isn't the same fighter.

Crap like that.
            So Floyd is worried that Roach is "cherrypicking" him now to fight Pac. He even said that Floyd is the easiest fight of the 3 (mosley, cotto, floyd) for Pac. does roach believes that floyd is "not that good" and this is the ripe time to fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCIV6 View Post
              I remember him saying that Hatton just wasn't very good..

He said Cotto isn't the same fighter.

Crap like that.
              Also, before the DLH fight he said "DLH is old, shot, can't pull the trigger anymore, and hasn't made 147 in 10 years".

Only win he hasn't downplayed of the most recent one's is vs Dangerous David Diaz.

To tell you the truth, Diaz gave a hell of a fight, imo.

Comment

Nobody picks DLH. DLH picks.

Comment

Originally posted by go1nbanana View Post
                  So Floyd is worried that Roach is "cherrypicking" him now to fight Pac. He even said that Floyd is the easiest fight of the 3 (mosley, cotto, floyd) for Pac. does roach believes that floyd is "not that good" and this is the ripe time to fight him?
                  When did I ever mention Floyd. I was hoping people wouldn't bring him into this.

I'd rather this not turn into another Floyd vs Manny bashing session.

Comment

Originally posted by go1nbanana View Post
                    Yeah but thats the difference. You could tell that when Roach said that, its more of a trash talking statment. Thats sounds like what Floyd would say. However, in those other fights you could tell that Roach was seriously kicking out facts like if he was an analyst or a trainer. Now he may start to kick some facts on Floyd also but none of them are really threatning.

He's already said things about Floyd not hitting that hard so Pac will walk right through him. He may start to say some things about Floyd running or Floyd throwing pot shots. All of that may be serious like he said about the other guys but its not that big of a deal because it has nothing to really do with Floyd being shot or something. He was saying that Cotto was shot, that Hatton wasnt the same after Mayweather & almost got stopped by Lazcano. He was saying that Oscar cant pull the trigger anymore and he saw Oscar's arms in the ring with needle marks in them and told Pac to jump on him because its too late to rehydrate and he has nothing less.

All of that is 10x different than Floyd saying that someone is garbage and so on

Comment

with all that being said, Roach still hasnt downplayed his wins since everyone loves Pac. I mean clearly everyone heard everything Roach has says, beleives it to be 110% true, and still goes mad crazy after every Pac win. It has no effect in that regard but maybe that changes if he loses a fight easily. Then people may go back and say that, "well Roach did say that these other guys werent up to par at the time that they fought"

Comment

Working...
                      X