This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
    Pascal never fails to deliver an entertaining performance, he is a reckless guy with loads of talent and potential and while he would probably be a better fighter if he didn't take as many chances but I wouldn't want to see that, I like to watch him just the way he is.
    Yes, excellent analysis of his style. I think he has the heart and style to beat Dawson. I hope that fight comes off. Pascal and Timothy Bradley give 100 percent every time they fight and should be featured on HBO every time they fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
      Saw this fight last night. the only round I scored differently than you was the 11th, so i had it 114-114. Ramirez dominated the second half of the fight, but no way was he going to win a close decision in P.R. Rosario fought so many wars in the 80's: both Ramirez fights, the Howard Davis and hector Camacho fights as well. Ramirez may have fought every significant 135 pounder of his generation.
      Agree.

I dont know if you have seen it but he also had an entertaining fight with Frankie Randall to, he had Randall in a lot trouble toward the end of the fight. Tremendous puncher that guy was. I also thought he showed bags of heart to take the beating he took against JCC.

It seemed many people believed Rosario would prove to be some kinda beast after the way he destroyed Edwin Viruet but Ramirez soon put that in check.

On the Howard Davis fight, if only Davis did not get nailed in that last round eh

Im also a big Ray Manicini fan and i find it quite strange how easily Mancini handled Ramirez and how much trouble Mancini had with Bramble and how easy Rosario handled Bramble. Funny old game isn't it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        Agree.

I dont know if you have seen it but he also had an entertaining fight with Frankie Randall to, he had Randall in a lot trouble toward the end of the fight. Tremendous puncher that guy was. I also thought he showed bags of heart to take the beating he took against JCC.

It seemed many people believed Rosario would prove to be some kinda beast after the way he destroyed Edwin Viruet but Ramirez soon put that in check.

On the Howard Davis fight, if only Davis did not get nailed in that last round eh

Im also a big Ray Manicini fan and i find it quite strange how easily Mancini handled Ramirez and how much trouble Mancini had with Bramble and how easy Rosario handled Bramble. Funny old game isn't it lol
        Mancini shut out Ramirez, yet ramirez dropped Arguello and lost a split decision while Arguello ko'd Mancini. Yes, this game is funny

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
          Mancini shut out Ramirez, yet ramirez dropped Arguello and lost a split decision while Arguello ko'd Mancini. Yes, this game is funny

Oh **** yeah

While im here gonna post my card to Vasquez vs Priolo

Vasquez vs Priolo

Round 1 Priolo
          landed a few over hand rights and was more active

Round 2 Vasquez
          More active this round and landed the hardest shots imo

Round 3 Priolo
          Priolo was nailing Vasquez with hard shots to head and body early on
          and landed the cleaner shots imo

Round 4 Vasquez close

I felt this round was close untill Vasquez closed it out better and hurt his
          opponent right at the end of the round

Round 5 Priolo
          Priola found a home for his right hand again in this round. I felt he controlled
          the round

Round 6 Vasquez
          Vasquez just about. I felt he landed the cleaner shots and did more over the coarse
          of the round

Round 7 Priolo (very close round/either way)

Close round but i felt Priolo just about landed more clean punches

Round 8 Priolo

I felt Vasquez tried to steal this round, he landed some hard shots but he
          was not as active as Priolo and Priolo landed some clean punches on him
          and was consistent all threw the round

Vasquez landed a right hand that hurt Priolo and he followed up and dropped Priolo
          Priolo was down 3 times as the fight was waved off by the ref, Vasquez really
          poured it on when he knew he had Priolo hurt and he needed to because i felt he was
          losing the fight.

Neither man had very good accuracy imo but Priolo's was marginally better as he landed cleaner shots
          and seemed the busier man to me. The overhand right landed on Vasquez quite a few times its the same
          punch Rafa Marquez often landed on him in their 3 fights.

Comment

Oh **** yeah

While im here gonna post my card to Vasquez vs Priolo

Vasquez vs Priolo

Round 1 Priolo
            landed a few over hand rights and was more active

Round 2 Vasquez
            More active this round and landed the hardest shots imo

Round 3 Priolo
            Priolo was nailing Vasquez with hard shots to head and body early on
            and landed the cleaner shots imo

Round 4 Vasquez close

I felt this round was close untill Vasquez closed it out better and hurt his
            opponent right at the end of the round

Round 5 Priolo
            Priola found a home for his right hand again in this round. I felt he controlled
            the round

Round 6 Vasquez
            Vasquez just about. I felt he landed the cleaner shots and did more over the coarse
            of the round

Round 7 Priolo (very close round/either way)

Close round but i felt Priolo just about landed more clean punches

Round 8 Priolo

I felt Vasquez tried to steal this round, he landed some hard shots but he
            was not as active as Priolo and Priolo landed some clean punches on him
            and was consistent all threw the round

Vasquez landed a right hand that hurt Priolo and he followed up and dropped Priolo
            Priolo was down 3 times as the fight was waved off by the ref, Vasquez really
            poured it on when he knew he had Priolo hurt and he needed to because i felt he was
            losing the fight.

Neither man had very good accuracy imo but Priolo's was marginally better as he landed cleaner shots
            and seemed the busier man to me. The overhand right landed on Vasquez quite a few times its the same
            punch Rafa Marquez often landed on him in their 3 fights.
            That was a good fight and a good show of heart by both men. While I don't thinl that a fourth fight between Marquez and Vasquez is needed I do think it can produce a less technical match and end up more like a street fight which would be good for the fans. Both Marquez and Vasquez judging by their last performances are at the peak of their powers anymore and while I think they should hang em up for good the most likely scenario is that they try and get one more good paycheck by fighting each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
              That was a good fight and a good show of heart by both men. While I don't thinl that a fourth fight between Marquez and Vasquez is needed I do think it can produce a less technical match and end up more like a street fight which would be good for the fans. Both Marquez and Vasquez judging by their last performances are at the peak of their powers anymore and while I think they should hang em up for good the most likely scenario is that they try and get one more good paycheck by fighting each other.
              You know that is something i might have forgot to add to my post, what a terrific! fight it was, so if id did forget then im saying it now.

Ofalobi vs Huck

Round 1 Even
              Tough round to score. Ofalobi seemed more active but only
              with insignifcent shots like the jab to body and head, Huck
              was inactive but exploaded 2/3 times and let some hard
              shots go, hard to see whether they were landing or not though

Round 2 Huck
              Not much in the round up untll the end where Huck go some shots
              through Ola's guard and closed the round out better

Round 3 Huck
              Ofalobi could of won the round but i felt he let Huck comeback and outwork
              him mid round and down the stretch

Round 4 Huck
              probably Huck's most effective round landing cleaner shots on Ola.
              Ola is not being aggressive enough or consistent enough, Huck is not
              that active by he is throwing combinations in his spurts, Ola is throwing
              one punch at a time.

Round 5 Ofalobi
              Easily Ofalobi's best round, he staggered Huck in this round and had him
              holding on to him

Round 6 Huck
              Huck was more active landed the cleaner harder shots, stupid round by
              Ola he did not capatalize on the last round he went into his defensive shell
              and let Huck bang him on the ropes.

Round 7 Ofalobi
              Ofalobi was the only doing anything in this round he did not do much himself
              excpet pop the jab but Huck threw one shot that landed but it was not
              enough to take the round

Round 8 Huck
              cleaner harder shots more active

Round 9 Huck
              Cleaner harder shots, he closed the round out to. Huck responds when
              he gets hit so he is always staying that little bit infront in the rounds

Round 10 Ofalobi
              Huch looked as though he took this round off due to tiredness, Ofalobi
              was more active, more aggressive this round

Round 11 Huck

Huck bullied Ola in this round as Ola went back into that defensive
              posture of slipping on the ropes but he was not doing anything

Round 12 Huck
              Huck just about edged the last round down the stretch imo

Difference in the fight was that Ofalobi was not aggressive enough and
              got outworked in the rounds where he went into that defensive shell, he
              thinks its smart to show how good his defence is and play to the crowd but
              whilst you are slipping and not countering you are being outworked, when
              Ola did not go into that shell he was not aggresive enough, he would peck
              away with jabs to the body and head and even though Huck was fighting
              in spurts and not throwing a 100 punches a round the difference was he
              was throwing the harder shots, but most importantly he was throwing in
              combination where as Ola was throwing one punch at a time.

Ofalobi did manage to stagger Huck in the 5th.

Comment

• Jean Pascal vs Diaconu 2

Round 1 Diaconu
                Not an easy round to score imo.

Round 2 Diaconu
                Close round but i thought Diaconu closed it out better, Pascal tried to
                claw it back right in the last few seconds but i still thought Diaconu
                took it

Round 3 Pascal
                Great round, Pascal was taking it to Diaconu at the end and even rocked
                him. Probably the clearest round of the fight imo.

Round 4 Pascal
                Another exciting round where Pascal was nailing Diaconu again
                in this round, great fight so far.

Round 5 Diaconu
                Pascal hurt his shoulder in this round, he wanted to hold on he was trying
                to get threw the round

Round 6 Pascal
                Pascal on the cleaner work

Round 7 Pascal
                Diaconu finished a little better but Pascal clearly landed the cleaner more
                effective work imo. There was a lovely sequence where he showed his
                speed and caught Diaconu with a counter uppercut, another exciting round.

Round 8 Pascal
                Another exciting round. Pascal was trying take Diaconu out early the round,
                he let shot after shot after shot go, however Diaconu was never hurt imo

Round 9 Diaconu
                I like Diaconu's consistency here

Round 10 Pascal
                Nothing in this round up untill near the end where Pascal closed
                the round out

Round 11 Pascal
                Diaconu was winning the fight but he let Pascal pinch the round by
                landing the cleaner more effective shots down the stretch.

Round 12 Pascal
                Pascal dug deep and showed how much he wanted this
                in the last round, terrific!! fight.

Pascal really impressed me and looks to have improved a lot since the
                Froch fight. The guy is an utter warrior to.

Diaconu was a bit too methodical and lacked the hand speed
                to live with Pascal when he turned up the heat. To beat Pascal
                you are going to have to apply lots of pressure, force him around the ring expending energy
                and try and get him outta his rythm, but as i saidDiaconu is too methodical to close distance that fast and the
                result is you are giving someone with a considerable hand/ foot speed advantage time and space to set up
                there attacks.

There were times in this fight where Pascal threw down when he did not have to but it just showed
                what a warrior the guy is, that said it could cost him against a better opponent but that seems to
                be something that is ingrained in his DNA, what ever the case maybe his fights are always excellent to
                watch. Much respect to Pascal, that was a excellet performance & a exciting fight.

By all accounts the

Comment

Jean Pascal vs Diaconu 2

Round 1 Diaconu
                  Not an easy round to score imo.

Round 2 Diaconu
                  Close round but i thought Diaconu closed it out better, Pascal tried to
                  claw it back right in the last few seconds but i still thought Diaconu
                  took it

Round 3 Pascal
                  Great round, Pascal was taking it to Diaconu at the end and even rocked
                  him. Probably the clearest round of the fight imo.

Round 4 Pascal
                  Another exciting round where Pascal was nailing Diaconu again
                  in this round, great fight so far.

Round 5 Diaconu
                  Pascal hurt his shoulder in this round, he wanted to hold on he was trying
                  to get threw the round

Round 6 Pascal
                  Pascal on the cleaner work

Round 7 Pascal
                  Diaconu finished a little better but Pascal clearly landed the cleaner more
                  effective work imo. There was a lovely sequence where he showed his
                  speed and caught Diaconu with a counter uppercut, another exciting round.

Round 8 Pascal
                  Another exciting round. Pascal was trying take Diaconu out early the round,
                  he let shot after shot after shot go, however Diaconu was never hurt imo

Round 9 Diaconu
                  I like Diaconu's consistency here

Round 10 Pascal
                  Nothing in this round up untill near the end where Pascal closed
                  the round out

Round 11 Pascal
                  Diaconu was winning the fight but he let Pascal pinch the round by
                  landing the cleaner more effective shots down the stretch.

Round 12 Pascal
                  Pascal dug deep and showed how much he wanted this
                  in the last round, terrific!! fight.

Pascal really impressed me and looks to have improved a lot since the
                  Froch fight. The guy is an utter warrior to.

Diaconu was a bit too methodical and lacked the hand speed
                  to live with Pascal when he turned up the heat. To beat Pascal
                  you are going to have to apply lots of pressure, force him around the ring expending energy
                  and try and get him outta his rythm, but as i saidDiaconu is too methodical to close distance that fast and the
                  result is you are giving someone with a considerable hand/ foot speed advantage time and space to set up
                  there attacks.

There were times in this fight where Pascal threw down when he did not have to but it just showed
                  what a warrior the guy is, that said it could cost him against a better opponent but that seems to
                  be something that is ingrained in his DNA, what ever the case maybe his fights are always excellent to
                  watch. Much respect to Pascal, that was a excellet performance & a exciting fight.

By all accounts the
                  I watched the fight on a stream but it was kinda choppy so it didn't hold my interest.

From what I saw, I think he's made improvements, but not enough to take advantage of his physical abilities. I think he's a solid top ten LHW, but I don't see him being the man in the division.

Comment

• I have really been digging Dynamite Kid's scorecards so I thought I would do one of my own:

Jeff Fenech-Azumah Nelson I

Round I- Very active first round for both men, in the early going there was a lot of swinging but it mostly amounted to glancing blows and misses. Throughout the round Azumah lands some clean left hooks and near the end he catches Fenech with a right that causes his knees to buckle momentarily. Azumah pushes Fenech to the ropes and flurries to end the round.

Rd.1-10-9 Nelson

Round 2- Azumah comes out working combinations but most of the punches are either slipped or caught on the gloves of Fenech. Azumah slows down a little and Fenech throws a few combinations but is generally outworked by Azumah. Fenech's jab is straighter and faster but he doesn't throw it enough. Azumah closes out the round with some good body work and combinations. Close round but Nelson generally did the better work.

Rd.2-10-9 Nelson

Round 3- The round starts and Azumah is working the jab well, they shoulder up and both men open up with big flurries with neither man gaining the advantage. Jeff starts to focus more on offense starts landing his right, one which shakes Azumah and Fenech presses the advantage and bulls Azumah into the ropes where they both trade short shots in close punctuated by the 8-9 punch flurries by Fenech and the rallies off the ropes by Nelson. Fenech outthrows and outlands Azumah on the ropes and takes the round. Fenech is also cut sometime near the end of the round, the cut is under his left eye and doesn't look severe.

Rd.3-10-9 Fenech

Round 4- Nelson comes out and tries to take control in the middle and box Fenech but it seems he is forcing his legs to bounce instead of it coming naturally and Fenech backs him into the ropes by coming forward and feinting. On the ropes Nelson does most of the good work but Fenech does throw a few eye-catching flurries. Near the end of the round Nelson comes off of the ropes and lands about 10 punches in a row on Fenech, most of them uppercuts then Fenech bulls him back to the ropes.

Rd.4-10-9 Nelson

Round 5- The round starts and Azumah comes out and jabs Fenech into the ropes but Jeff simply cuts a corner and backs Azumah back into the same corner. The rest of the round is fought there with no meaningful punches landing but Fenech generally throwing and landing more while Azumah just keeps it competitive.

Rd.5-10-9 Fenech

Round 6- Nelson comes out and takes the initiative jabbing and circling while Fenech won't throw more than one punch at a time against the moving target. By virtue of Azumah's punches being mostly open handed jabs Fenech doesn't get discouraged but he is getting outworked. Near the end of the round Fenech throws a five punch flurry which for the most part land on the glove and arm of Nelson.

Rd.6-10-9 Nelson
                    Round 7- Both men meet at the center, Azumah looks winded but is still throwing but Fenech has picked up the pace as well as his punches being crisper and straighter when in the center. Fenech lands a stiff right and backs Nelson into the ropes where he mauls and beats on Azumah with short punches and occasional flurries with Azumah throwing back without any effect.

Rd.7-10-9 Fenech

Round 8- This was a very close round, Azumah was more consistent with his jabbing and movement while Fenech chose to fight in spurts and made Azumah cover up and did for a moment have Azumah on the ropes. Neither man landed any real big punches, Azumah's mostly just open handed jabs and the occasional combo while Fenech pressed forward but didn't throw much until Azumah was stationary.

Rd.8-10-9 Nelson (I wouldn't argue with anyone seeing going the other way.)

Round 9- Fenech was noticeably more aggressive in this round, he matched Azumah's punch output and his were faster, straighter and more powerful. Nelson was just trying to make it look close but Fenech really showed through with his relentless pressure and took the round clean. At the end of the round Nelson throws an unintentional late punch and Fenech gets pissed and has to restrained as well as being very animated in his corner.

Rd.9-10-9 Fenech

Round 10- The round starts very late because Nelson's corner “lost” his mouthpiece and this bought Nelson quite a bit of rest. Fenech comes out fighting like he is pissed and Azumah at times is forced to stand and try to trade with him. Both men very active but the action is being dictated by Fenech's pressure and for a little under the last half of the round it is fought on the ropes with Fenech getting the better of the action. Fenech also throws Nelson over his shoulder at the end of the round but Nelson didn't look hurt.

Rd.10-10-9 Fenech

Round 11- This was a close round, Nelson fought with more resolve and threw more punches but I think that Fenech's more meaningful punches and aggressive rushes won him the round by a hair.

Rd.11-10-9 Fenech

Round 12- This round is fought at a torrid pace with both men fighting like they want to win it. Nelson does well for the first half of the fight but Fenech turns up the pressure another notch and he is rewarded by hurting Nelson on the ropes with right hands in the last thirty seconds to cap off the round and the fight.

Rd.12-10-9 Fenech

I scored it 7 rounds to 5 in favor of Jeff Fenech. He did a lot in this fight but at times when they were circling each other he just seemed to not throw enough punches. What he did right is smother Nelson's punches well on the inside and his defense was very good in this fight. I can understand people giving Fenech some of the close rounds, the aggressive guy usually gets the benefit of the doubt in a close fight and I think he should of won the decision, albeit a very close one.

Comment

• Mmm.. Roy Jones vs. Richard Hall

Loved Lampley quote: You don't know if a fighter has a world class chin until he takes a world class beating.

Hall showed INSANE heart and courage but the ref was very bad. Should have stopped it some 3 or 4 rounds earlier.

Comment

Working...
                      X