Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather greatness debunked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think mayweathers greatness could ever be debunked by people who never thought he was great in the first place.

Comment

This is the same arguement we heard after Hatton Ko'd Castillo. And Floyd couldn't do it.

Result: Hatton got TKo'd cartoonishly

Pacquiao while still impressive defeated a 147 pound Delahoya, while Floyd fought the 154 version. Which version is more likely to be better at this stage.

Either way, Foreman beat Frazier and Norton more impressively and Ali beat Foreman. That's what's gonna happen here.

Result: Floyd outboxing Pacquiao like Marquez minus the knockdowns in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
        I dont think mayweathers greatness could ever be debunked by people who never thought he was great in the first place.
        It wasn't debunked by me, it was debunked by Manny. And while I think Myweather is atalented fighter, he is very far off from what many make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pico Hollywood View Post
          Oscar was drained this fight and manny had a different style than Floyd does obviously.

Floyd is cautious and a counter puncher, Manny = aggressor bob and weave fighter.... Styles and age makes fights.

BMWM3P you know this..

Give Both Manny and Floyd Credit on beating an Oscar de la hoya who can't do well against fighters with speed.
          How does that change the fact Pac was fighting 4 weight classes above where he normally fights?

Comment

**** thread.................................

Comment

why does everybody forget that PBF ****ing schooled dlh. i had him winning by a large margin when watching the fight. didnt he land like twice as many punches in compubox stats? i think the final scores and the MD is what in the long run has made people start to say it was a close fight. everytime i hear peopel talk about the fight they talk about it as if it was controversial.. there was no controversiality in that fight.. pbf won big time.

BTW i dont think DLH declined THAT much from that fight to this one. i rewatched DLH-Forbes today and noticed his jab wasnt very fast and his jab to the body was very slow as well. the jab in this pacman fight was exactly the same. i also noticed forbes didnt put that many punches together and really just fought like a sparring partner. fighting to stay competitive and lose. (kind of like emanuel augustus early in his career)

PBFs style is different. i think he wasnt confident he could take DLHs punch. he hit and ran. pot shotted and ran. made for a boring fight but he still won easily IMO. like DLH said.. pbf "didnt take any risks" he landed that lead right the way pacman landed the lead left as well...

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                It wasn't debunked by me, it was debunked by Manny. And while I think Myweather is atalented fighter, he is very far off from what many make him out to be.
                By this logic, Hattons knockout over castillo, who mayweather struggled with, should have already debunked his greatness.

Comment

Well said. That's why I don't try it.

Comment

By this logic, Hattons knockout over castillo, who mayweather struggled with, should have already debunked his greatness.
                    No because the Castillo that Hatton fought was not even close to the same fighter that Floyd fought. And I never thought Mayweather was great, he never chose to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                      No because the Castillo that Hatton fought was not even close to the same fighter that Floyd fought. And I never thought Mayweather was great, he never chose to prove it.
                      If Floyd hasnt proved it neither has Cotto then, since Cotto has beaten Floyd's leftovers.

Comment

Working...
                      X