No announcement yet.

Naseem Hamed PPV Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naseem Hamed PPV Numbers

Does anyone have access to what he did in terms of PPV numbers? I'm not a huge fan of this sort of stuff but I'm just asking because he was huge for the FW division and it may be heading back there again too.

I can't remember too many fighters south of 147 making big PPv shows but Naz did.

Info: He did over 300k for the Barrera bout!

Naz made so much because he had also the British PC or TV money combined with stateside cash. I think he was the first little guy to earn a 5 million payday.

Comment

highest ppv i believe for anything below LW was pac-marquez 2 for over 400k buys

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Naz made so much because he had also the British PC or TV money combined with stateside cash. I think he was the first little guy to earn a 5 million payday.
        Yeah, it pays to be good on both sides of the pond.

I remember seeing a clip from an old BBC sports show where they interviewed both Naz and Lewis and they showed some stats, the show was around 1999 when Lewis was THE MAN at heavy...yet Naz had higher yearly earnings. That was ridiculous lol

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

I remember seeing a clip from an old BBC sports show where they interviewed both Naz and Lewis and they showed some stats, the show was around 1999 when Lewis was THE MAN at heavy...yet Naz had higher yearly earnings. That was ridiculous lol

he made more than all of the british fighters except lennox lewis.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/200...boxing.comment

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            he made more than all of the british fighters except lennox lewis.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/200...boxing.comment
            I wasn't talking career earnings, I was talking 1999 or around about then. I'll try and find that video if I can.

Comment

That's crazy. Naz benefitted somewhat from the buzz created in the early/mid 90s in British boxing. Both in terms of the public interest in boxing and the changed economic conditions in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                That's crazy. Naz benefitted somewhat from the buzz created in the early/mid 90s in British boxing. Both in terms of the public interest in boxing and the changed economic conditions in the sport.
                Yes ,he did, Eubank and Benn lead the way in the early 90s but by 1995, there was no bigger name than Naz. I think Eubank even fought on a Naz undercard lol

So, any updates on the Naz PPV numbers? Anyone have nay figures? I'm still interested?

Comment

Yes ,he did, Eubank and Benn lead the way in the early 90s but by 1995, there was no bigger name than Naz. I think Eubank even fought on a Naz undercard lol

So, any updates on the Naz PPV numbers? Anyone have nay figures? I'm still interested?
                  Sky box office don't really release numbers as such, so I think you will struggle to find those. But his career earnings were around $30 million, you would think before Steve Robinson he made peanuts, but after that point probably as a rough average, $1 million per fight, probably a little less in some cases and a lot more in the Barrera fight, which I believe he made £5 million ($7.5-$10 million). Unheard of numbers for a featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Sky box office don't really release numbers as such, so I think you will struggle to find those. But his career earnings were around $30 million, you would think before Steve Robinson he made peanuts, but after that point probably as a rough average, $1 million per fight, probably a little less in some cases and a lot more in the Barrera fight, which I believe he made £5 million ($7.5-$10 million). Unheard of numbers for a featherweight.
                    Yeah man, there hasn't been another fighter that has generated so much in that division. He deserved it too, for most of his career, highly entertaining and a true KO artist. His demise was slow though and he struggled at times against some guys he would usually have wiped away.

Comment

Working...
                    X