Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta give props to Oscar for Staying true to his word and making the best fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a huge supporter of De La Hoya, he has conviction in what he says and I believe as a former fighter he really does have a respect for the sport and realises that Golden Boy Promotions is a part of the greater whole.

I hope he keeps it up.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheirBacks! View Post
      He always made great figths look at 2013 was one of the best year in boxing, but then when he got infiltrated by Haymon boxing has literally been in a decline in form of great boxing matched.
      It was a great year for boxing because Schaefer was the one running sh.it over there. Oscar was face down in nose candy and he couldn't even make it to Canelo vs Mayweather. Yet you want to stand here and give him praises??? SMH...

Comment

Yes, Oscar De La Hoya is the best promotor today, he loves boxing and dares to make money-risky fights, and that the advantage of being a retired boxer yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheirBacks! View Post
          He always made great figths look at 2013 was one of the best year in boxing, but then when he got infiltrated by Haymon boxing has literally been in a decline in form of great boxing matched.
          Oh man, 2013 was the best year of boxing in perhaps the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
            Wow, NSB always turning postives into negatives smh lol
            Lol seriously. I agree with you Golden Boy are making the fans happy. And even though Haymons isn't matching top fights, as a boxing fan I love having fights to watch every weeksl, like last night's fox sports 1 card. Tuesday night fights. I didn't even know until I got home from work at 9 and saw it was about to start. Made my night.

Comment

Not trying to put Oscar and GBP down, but they basically have to do that. You talked about Lucas-Postal, GGG-Lemuix and Cotto-Canelo. Well those are basically their only events left for the rest of the year. I just came from their website and their top fighters are:

Sadim Ali
              Sharif Bogere
              Canelo
              Randy Caballero
              Jojo Diaz
              Mauricio Herrera
              Bernard Hopkins ( 1 more fight left)
              Tureano Johnson
              David Lemiux
              Jorge Linares
              Lucas Matthysse
              Antonio Orozco
              Luis Ortiz
              Gabriel Rosado
              Francisco Vargas

I did however notice Amir Khan listed under their fighters. He wasn't there the last time I was at the website so not sure what that is about.

Comment

canelo and cotto is tthe most evenly amtched and compelling "big fight" at middleweight.

that doesn't mean it's the "best" fight, however.

the best middlewieght on the planet is gennady golovkin. the most meaningful possible fights at the weight must involve him.

oscar is making a very good fight. he's not making the best fight. he's actually trying to block the best fights! he wants, or at least has talked about, canelo - cotto being a trilogy.

Comment

Cotto vs Canelo will eventually happen whether Dela Hoya is involved or not.

Lemieux and Matthysse are the ones you should be giving Hoya credit for. They both went straight to battles. No marination needed. If these were Haymon fighters, they will line up a long line of cab drivers before heading straight to war.

Comment

I am not trying to sht on Al Haymon or Top Rank but what Golden Boy Promotions is doing is amazing for us fans.

They don't have an stacked stable like they used to, but they sure are matching their only "name" fighters with the highest challenges available.

You have Canelo fighting Cotto. You have Lemiux fighting fckin Gennady Golovkin. You have Matthysse who just beat Ruslan and is now fighting Postol next.

They are also trying to match Sadam Ali against Timothy Bradley.

Oscar and GBP are risking having their star fighters take losses to other companie's fighters but in the meantime they are giving us some good ass fights and that's all that should matter

I respect those fights. But Matthysse vs Crawford and Canelo vs golovkin are even better fights

Comment

Wow, NSB always turning postives into negatives smh lol
                      Very good point. Sometimes I get on here and wonder "Are you all dying or have some reason to be in such a horrible mood? Geez. Lighten up."

For whatever reason, be glad to get competitive fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X