No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns-Miguel Vazquez Unification Mega Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    it's a fight between good fighters, but it will probably be a bit of a snoozer.

i'll watch it, though.

vasquez on pts. i'll be rooting for ricky burns.
    I expect so,i don't think their styles will gel very well

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      it's a fight between good fighters, but it will probably be a bit of a snoozer.

i'll watch it, though.

vasquez on pts. i'll be rooting for ricky burns.
      This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Unification is always good, even if the alphabets end up stripping them. Winner has to fight Broner afterwards.

Comment

I think Burns wins on points.

I think you're right about the Burns-Broner situation if Burns does unify, Paulf. But Broner shouldn't be put off by fighting over here, he doesn't need to let it go to the judge's scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Quit getting excited boys, it's just a slick business move by Team Burns.

If Ricky unifies, he's going to look to call the shots in the Broner bout. And we can pretty well bet on Haymon not letting Broner fight Burns in the UK. Burns of course will say he's the real champ and if Broner wants to fight him, he opponent needs to come to his backyard. Broner will say the same.

I don't think Ricky is scared of anyone, I just think his team knows the outcome and would rather side-step a Broner fight. Let it die in negotiations. Adrian is hot, and they want Ricky to have a long, good run as 135 champ.

Or maybe I'm being too cynical.
            So Burns is side-stepping by asking Broner to come to the UK, whereas Broner isn't side-stepping by asking Burns to go to the US?

Broner claimed he tried to come to the UK in December as Ocampo's replacement, so maybe it can happen.

Alternatively, if they put half a mill up for Burns (his asking price) he would probably travel to the US.

I think the fight gets made at some point. But, this is a big fight on its own.

Comment

Been waiting for a large boxing card in London for a while...

If somehow Froch vs Kessler gets confirmed for the O2 it'd be a great time for boxing in London.

Comment

So, this is Burns tune up? I thought everyone was saying Vasquez was such a good opponent for Broner and come to find out he's nothing more than a tune up for Burns. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  So, this is Burns tune up? I thought everyone was saying Vasquez was such a good opponent for Broner and come to find out he's nothing more than a tune up for Burns. lol
                  i'm sure burns knows vasquez is no joke...the dude is the most boring world class fighter today but he gets the job done

i've been a bit of a burns fan ever since he beat martinez so i do hope he wins...however if vasquez wins, a unification fight with broner will be much easier to make

i'll definitely be watching this card

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    if vasquez wins, a unification fight with broner will be much easier to make
                    Yeah, I agree. That's about the only good thing that can come out of this.

Comment

Didn't expect Burns-Vasquez to happen.

Hopefully the winner can fight Broner on May 4th.

Comment

Working...
                      X