Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official cruiserweight thread. Will be updated regularly.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
    The rankings aren't bad but i would have Krzysztof above Ola and Ross above Mateusz and Rahkim due to the fact that they have fought a higher level of competition. But my favorite Cruiser at the moment is my boy Rahkim, Beware of the "Unibrow Bomber" Baby!
    I was thinking about that, but I remember that Wlod was getting pretty thoroughly outboxed by Green; although he still showed his power, and class by knocking him out in the 11th. I think he would be outboxed by Afolabi.

THere is a very good argument that I have Mateusz too high, since he hasn't faced the upper echelon of hte division yet, while Ross has had success against top guys. Based on their next fights, they could be changed.

I just have Chakhiev where he is because of the talent, and skill I think he possesses. Although he has yet to have a signature win.

He's the guy I'm looking out for in the division, and one of my favorites as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Nice thread & probably my favourite division.

Very strong division with a lot of powerful Euro talent coming through, its just a shame for them that there is an unstoppable force coming through who will crush anything in its path by the name of Rakhim.

THE future!

2013 is the year of The Machine!

*likes - thumbs up*

Aye, I agree. Rakhim is a beast! I think he should go after Hernandez - I have a suspicion Hernandez can't deal with the combination of power, and boxing skill Rakhim brings to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Aye! Thanks Freedom! Going to check out what Huck has to say. I really like Huck's style, it's so crude, and caveman, but so damn effective. He'll almost certainly KO Arslan around the 8th, but there will be some good exchanges beforehand.

SCHEDULE UPDATE: Number 3 ranker Marco Huck faces rugged contender Firat Arslan on November 3rd!

Comment

UPDATE! Arslan gives a career performance giving Marco Huck all he could handle, and then some over 12 grueling rounds! This fistic fan had Huck by a round, but fight was deadly close, and very competitive.

This makes Guillermo Jones stoppage win look all the more impressive over Arslan a few years back.

Comment

Just another reason why this is the second best division in the sport right now, right behind the 122 pound super bantamweight division

Comment

I've been a fan of Arslan's for a while now. Big hearted guy.

I still think he won fairly widely against Huck but that's just how I saw it.

I may just watch it again so I can see what that Italian judge saw.. He shouldn't be fired, he should be executed.

Comment

Masternak - Haapoja december 15 for EBU title.

Comment

Originally posted by molinari View Post
                  Masternak - Haapoja december 15 for EBU title.
                  Yes, here it is on Ringpolksa:

Current EBU champion Juho Haapoja (18-2-1, 11 KO) is to fight Mateusz Masternak (28-0, 21 KO) for the vacant European cruiserweight title. The fight will take place during the Sauerland Event card 15 December in Nuremberg.

Comment

Vyacheslav Karakash: Rahim Chakhkiev is in great shape

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-11-08_10_43.html

I hope he signs with K-2.

Comment

Taylor fought dirty, using deliberate headbutts and Chakhkiev was cut over and eye and couldn't see clearly. But Rakhim still clearly won every round.

Comment

Working...
                      X