Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring questions Clottey's mental makeup, Roach says Pac will make him quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ring questions Clottey's mental makeup, Roach says Pac will make him quit

Clottey has shown a tenancy towards the dramatic. When Cotto pushed him off during a clinch last June, Clottey fell to the canvas and laid there as if he expected an ambulance to show up. This is unusual for a fighter who otherwise seems sturdy. It's during these moments that one questions Clottey's mental makeup. - The Ring

Do you agree with The Ring's statement and if so, does that give Roach's prediction more substance?

Pacquiao will make Clottey quit.

Comment

Dude dropped down and landed straight on his knee cap... It effected him for one round then he went back to fighting.

Comment

He was looking for a way out vs. Margarito and Baldimir.

Cotto hit him behind the head and he acted like he was hit with a shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          Dude dropped down and landed straight on his knee cap... It effected him for one round then he went back to fighting.
          right, but he did seem a lil over dramatic. Also, he was DQ'd against Baldi for headbutts. Granted, most refs wouldn't have DQ'd him, but being in the situation he was in you'd think he would have avoided that.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            right, but he did seem a lil over dramatic. Also, he was DQ'd against Baldi for headbutts. Granted, most refs wouldn't have DQ'd him, but being in the situation he was in you'd think he would have avoided that.
            True.... His mentality has to be questioned for the simple fact the Cotto fight was there for the taking and you could see had enough left to lay it on Cotto but he just didn't.

Comment

I said that when the fight was first announced. Clottey ain't gonna get knocked out, but he will get dropped and he is gonna quit on the stool in the 10th. Dude don't really got heart like that, if he did he woulda put it to Cotto. Not only does he fade, he just doesn't fight. He is the only fighter I've ever seen in my life who moves forward constantly...but doesn't throw any darn punches lol. Pac gonna eat this tailor-made, dare i say, cherry picked, boy up

Comment

Originally posted by DeanoFlash View Post
                I said that when the fight was first announced. Clottey ain't gonna get knocked out, but he will get dropped and he is gonna quit on the stool in the 10th. Dude don't really got heart like that, if he did he woulda put it to Cotto. Not only does he fade, he just doesn't fight. He is the only fighter I've ever seen in my life who moves forward constantly...but doesn't throw any darn punches lol. Pac gonna eat this tailor-made, dare i say, cherry picked, boy up
                Clottey wont get knocked out but he will get stopped I guarentee that

Comment

Originally posted by DeanoFlash View Post
                  Not sure if you can say Clottey is "tailor-made" for any fighter. I think it was simply a matter of Clottey being the highest rated welterewight available at the time (shane/berto were locked to fight, clottey was next best).

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Not sure if you can say Clottey is "tailor-made" for any fighter. I think it was simply a matter of Clottey being the highest rated welterewight available at the time (shane/berto were locked to fight, clottey was next best).
                    what about Freddie Roach saying "140 is his best weight" and the 2 best 140lbers fiending to fight him?? naw it wasn't cause he was next in line at WW, its cause he was next to line Arum's pockets. I can garauntee Arum will be seeing 3x Clottey's purse for this one. 30% from Clottey + 30% from Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                    X