Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take away GGG's titles and what do you have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      He is certainly a cut above the guys at 160, but it comes down to what that really means.

Guys with better names on their dossier have taken just as much or more **** than Golovkin. It is not really debatable that he is the top dog at 160 though, what is debatable is what that accomplishment really means in the grand scheme of boxing.
      Fantastic post. GGG has taken too many step aside fees whilst gotten too old, his chase the green conquest has detracted from his resume.

Comment

Take away GGG's titles and what do you have?
        A coward...

Comment

I think GGG is the best middleweight in the world and Spence is the best welterweight in the world. Very few middleweights are willing to fight GGG and very few welterweights are willing to fight Spence. GGG is 34 years old so he might be a bit past his prime. Spence is 26 and just entering his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            You'' have exactly what he is with the trinkets.....the # 1 contender in a division, devoid of a undisputed champion

the belts mean nothing....hell he only fought for one of them...one was handed to him and the other he had a minor belt and got elevated the super champion status without a fight....not exactly ground breaking
            Belts only mean something when it comes to Floyd and you mention that he only won one of 3 but fail to state why
            Agendas??

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Kazachs version of Errol Spence... Am I right or wrong?? Thoughts???
              Take away GGG's titles and you still have, Canelo's father.

Comment

Without titles, Golovkin is still a knockout machine who is most deserving for a big fight

Comment

taking away doesnt add up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Kazachs version of Errol Spence... Am I right or wrong?? Thoughts???
                    I think you better make a different thread it's a stupid question he earned those titles. Would you like it if someone said your no Marine even though you enlisted and finish the training ? If he's no Champ than your no Marine

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      It is not really debatable that he is the top dog at 160 though, what is debatable is what that accomplishment really means in the grand scheme of boxing.
                      Thats fair, but I always feel like all anyone can be is the best during their time & I feel like GGG has done that if only by way of Canelo running from their fight.

I do feel like there is a unique, rarer situation going on with GGG in that he's the best guy that the other top guys won't get paid enough to fight (or they just "scared doe" as many fans are quick to claim) thus impacting everyone's status at 160 & not allowing for GGG to show how good he is or isn't. I mean I can't think of a guy who's had more fights vs other names or top guys fall through or denied by the other side than GGG since I've been watching boxing. So you kinda gotta believe either K2 is ****ty at boxing business or GGG is the baddest mofo lowdown in this town.

Comment

Working...
                      X