Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haye-Briggs = Do you really want to see this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO. If briggs had even the slimmest of chances of knocking haye into the middle of queer street then i'd give it a look. But he has no chance whatsoever. He is just the next cog in hayes bum-a-thon journey to an undeserved joshua payday.

Comment

Two washed up loudmouth ex champions. Why not.

Comment

**** I didn't wanna see his first two comeback fights. And I've still not seen the latest one. Haye hasn't made himself relevant in the HW division so I can't really care too much about what he decides to do. I'm sure the pressers will be fun watches doe.

Comment

It depends on the alternative. If Haye's gonna fight another no mark then we may as well be served up this one. Plus I tend not to have as many gripes with it being free to watch on terrestrial television.

Briggs is capable of giving Haye quite a few rounds. Maybe he even goes the distance. He's only ever been stopped twice remember. The first against Darrol Wilson he pretty much gave up. The second against Lennox may have been stopped on a slip if I remember rightly, though he had already been down a couple of times, he wasn't too badly hurt.

Brigg's main shortcoming for me is his mental game. He doubts himself and is easily discouraged. Early on that manifested as a tendency to want out, later in his career he stood and took a pummeling.

Whatever he's taking seems to have rejuvenated him though. Maybe his will won't be as much of a factor. He'll be up against a comparatively small heavyweight and they'll both be looking for a knockout. It could be interesting.

My main concern is that I doubt that whatever's he's on is legal so on those grounds he shouldn't be fighting. But, he's not failed a test and he's unlikely to given how easy it is to dupe the testing agencies. I'm actually surprised that anyone tests positive.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            Fury's resume is full of bums... just look at his last fight.
            Fury's resume was very weak leading up to the title. Only good win was vs Chisora. It's funny now they're complaining about Joshua fighting bums when the resume's are pretty much equal when you look into it.

Comment

I like Briggs, i'll feel bad seeing him on the canvas hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                Fury's resume was very weak leading up to the title. Only good win was vs Chisora. It's funny now they're complaining about Joshua fighting bums when the resume's are pretty much equal when you look into it.
                Bull****.

How many former world champions has Joshua got on his resume? At least Fury won a couple of title eliminators before getting his shot.

The Kevin Johnson that AJ knocked out wasn't the same version that Fury defeated. At the time, Safetypin was still a semi-contender, and a win over Fury would've given him a high ranking & a potential title shot. By the time AJ got to him, he was cannon fodder.

Who else? Dillian Whyte, i'd say Chisora was just as good as Whyte was at the time when Fury first beat him, better actually. No way in a million years would Whyte have gone 12 against Vitali.

I actually think that Joey Abell would defeat anyone on AJ's resume bar Whyte & Martin, and Fury fought him after a 14 month break and treated the fight as a joke. Actually, so would Hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                  I was just trolling Freedom about Wlad, tbh, but you're pretty much right. I would say that Fury's resume, pre-.... nah, actually, I take it back. I've just had a look back through Wilder's resume and it's better than I recalled. It's far from GREAT, but there are people who used to be threats on it, like Liakovich.

Comment

yep...........

Comment

Let this sink in a minute: Briggs fought Lennox Lewis... 18 YEARS AGO.

Comment

Working...
                      X