Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance that floyd could reclaim the lb4lb top spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes he can.

better question is can martinez? I think if he beats Ward sometime along the road, we'd have to rank him first.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      My,are U guys serious?Did we forget who the #1 pfp fighter was when Floyd retired??It was Floyd.Who beat the #1 ranked welterweight at the time in Mosley.Pacman got the #1 position after Floyd left.Furthermore,beating Ortiz,(if Floyd does),is far greater than Clottey,Margarito,Mosley & Marquez at 147.

Pacman hasn't done **** since Floyd left.U all should keep it real,the softest 4 fight stretch of any elite fighter in any weightclass.Well he gets some credit for Clottey,but none for Margarito,Mosley,or Marquez at 147,none.Soft,cheap bull**** ppv's.I'd rather have a stretch of inactivity than meaningless,cherrypicked ppv garbage.
      They weren't even watching boxing back then

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        yes he can.

better question is can martinez? I think if he beats Ward sometime along the road, we'd have to rank him first.
        If Sergio moves into first after beating Ward, watch the pinoy focus all their negative energy on him looool...all of a sudden all the "gayweather xylocaine ducker" will become hate against Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by RachelB View Post
          If Sergio moves into first after beating Ward, watch the pinoy focus all their negative energy on him looool...all of a sudden all the "gayweather xylocaine ducker" will become hate against Martinez
          What do U mean??After martinez ko'd the Punisher,pacfans adored him.But the minute he called out Pacman,******* nation disowned & attacked him hard & hasn't stopped since.

Comment

Yes he can and will.

Comment

He needs to either beat Pacman or hope Pac loses to someone else and keep winning himself.

Incidentally, both should hope Carl Froch stops winning for if he beats Ward and Kessler he'll have a solid claim to top spot.

Comment

Once floyd returns to active fighting, lets say 2x per year (i know not likely) shouldn't he return to the #1 spot?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  He needs to either beat Pacman or hope Pac loses to someone else and keep winning himself.

Incidentally, both should hope Carl Froch stops winning for if he beats Ward, Kessler, Bute and Dawson/Hopkins winner he'll have a solid claim to top spot.
                  Fixed it for you. He'd DEFINITELY need Bute to assure thhat he's the best in the division, and the Dawson/Hopkins winner would give him a huge claim. Guys like him and Ward certainly can steal the spot though.

As for Floyd, he needs to beat the best to be the best. I think he and Pac will meet eventually.
                  Last edited by BoxerDood; 07-22-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

ye kessler and ward won't be enough for froch. Hed need another marquee win, preferably a lhw like hopkins.

How about if Donaire moves up to featherweight and beat salido?

Comment

why would he reclaim when he is the real lb4lb king.

Comment

Working...
                      X